Made possible by a charitable contribution from
Navigation Tip: Click on blue text that’s italicized, underlined and in bold for link to more information.
Memorial Day is this Monday. Let us remember and pay tribute to the veterans who have sacrificed their lives in the protection of our freedom.
May is National Mental Health Month (
). We take this opportunity to examine the relationships among prostate cancer, anxiety, and depression through two essays. The first was written by Us TOO and published in
. I wrote the second, very personal essay, especially for this occasion. For the first time, I publicly discuss my experiences as both a mental health consumer and prostate cancer survivor. Visit
We’re pleased to provide you with some of the latest
Prostate Cancer News You Can Use along with the information below that may be of interest to you. Titles of prostate cancer news articles are also listed with a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text for each article.
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content. For access to the full article
- Findings on Prostate Cancer Detailed by Researchers at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (Dietary Tomato or Lycopene Do Not Reduce Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Progression in a Murine Model)
- Studies from Duke University School of Medicine Reveal New Findings on Prostate Cancer (Race does not predict skeletal-related events and all-cause mortality in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer)
- VA Launches Clinical Trial for Veterans With COVID-19 Based on Prostate Cancer Drug
- Androgen-deprivation treatments for prostate cancer could protect men from COVID-19
- Myriad Receives FDA Approval of BRACAnalysis CDx® as a Companion Diagnostic for Lynparza® in HRR-mutated Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- LYNPARZA® (Olaparib) Approved in the US for HRR Gene-Mutated Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
This Saturday, May 23, I will be participating in a
Virtual Town Hall on Prostate Cancer in the Time of COVID-19.
You can find more information and register at
SEA Blue is a prostate cancer run and walk that has been held in Chicago for the past 15 years. On September 13, 2020, we’re taking this fundraiser national! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, SEA Blue will look a little bit different this year and will take on a virtual format with a smaller live, on-site component. We hope you will mark your calendars and join us this year as we provide Support, Education, and Advocacy (the SEA in SEA Blue) to a larger group in a new way. Please keep your eyes open for more information on this coming soon.
View video of the webinar,
How COVID-19 is Affecting Prostate Cancer Early Detection and Treatment
, produced by the Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN) at
Us TOO has created a web page dedicated to addressing
the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on all of us affected by prostate cancer
. It includes our exclusive articles by Dr. Mark Moyad and many other resources. It is updated frequently, so please bookmark
and visit often.
As the summer unofficially begins, please enjoy the season safely. In the words of Dr. Moyad:
“I am concerned, of course, but I am also incredibly optimistic.” We are all in this together!
Shalom. Salaam. Peace.
Beau and the Us TOO Team