Made possible by a charitable contribution from Bayer
Navigation Tip: Click on blue text that’s italicized, underlined and in bold for link to more information.
September, Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, is fast slipping away and the need to increase prostate cancer awareness grows every day. Us TOO and other prostate cancer non-profits have combined to create an events calendar for the month of September. We’d love your feedback on whether to make this a year-round resource. View the calendar and submit your events at www.prostatecancercalendar.org
SEA Blue 2020, Us TOO’s National, Virtual Prostate Cancer Walk/Run was held September 13, 2020, from 10 am – 12 pm Central Time, and it was a great success on many fronts:
- Over 700 individuals participated as registrants and/or donors.
- Warriors and caregivers told moving stories of how prostate cancer has affected their lives.
- We informed our audience of many of our services including our support groups, the Forum for Her call for female caregivers, and our continuing webinars.
- We featured some wonderful blues musicians.
- Finally, we raised over $150,000, smashing our goal of $100,000. These funds will help keep all Us TOO services free of charge.
We thank our sponsors, our co-presenters at UroPartners, the incredible team from Mainstream Media, our physicians who answered patient calls during the event, our hosts at Hofbrauhaus, Orman Music & Media Group, and, of course, all of you who participated in the SEA Blue Magic!
Even though SEA Blue 2020 itself is over, there are many ways you can support the Us TOO cause and have some fun as well:
- Please continue to donate and fundraise. We’ve had many donations and registrations of $30, honoring Us TOO’s 30th anniversary, and they really add up! https://ustoo.rallybound.org/SEABlue2020. We will continue to accept donations until September 30th at midnight.
- Many beautiful and unique items, including signed Buddy Guy guitars, signed Buddy Guy vinyl records, signed sports memorabilia, and more, are still available through our silent auction at https://www.charityauctionstoday.com/auctions/SEA-Blue-2020-Auction-14540. The auction will close, however, on September 30th at midnight.
- You can further raise awareness, and demonstrate your fashion sense, by ordering SEA Blue gear, including hats, sweaters, hoodies, and masks from our online store: http://store.seablueprostatewalk.org. HURRY! The store is only open until September 30th at midnight.
Later this fall, you’ll have a chance to visit SEA Blue 2020: A Deeper Dive. This section of the Us TOO website will let you visit sections of the program so you can catch things you missed. It will also include extended versions of the interviews we featured. Finally, it will connect you to additional resources on topics addressed during SEA Blue. Stay tuned for more information.
AnCan and Us TOO are co-sponsoring an Active Surveillance Prostate Cancer Webinar Series. Dr. Brian Helfand will be presenting on “Genomic/Genetic Testing for AS” September 29 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm EDT
. More information is available at www.ancan.org
We’re pleased to provide you with some of the latest Prostate Cancer News You Can Use along with the information below that may be of interest to you. Titles of prostate cancer news articles are also listed with a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text for each article.
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content. For access to the full article CLICK HERE.
- AUA Applauds House Veterans Affairs Committee for Taking Action on Legislation to Promote Prostate Cancer Care for Veterans
- Findings from University of Hawaii Manoa Reveals New Findings on Prostate Cancer (An Integrative Multi-omics Analysis To Identify Candidate DNA Methylation Biomarkers Related To Prostate Cancer Risk)
- Reports Summarize Prostate Cancer Research from University of California (A machine learning approach to optimizing cell-free DNA sequencing panels: with an application to prostate cancer)
- September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- New Prostate Cancer Findings from West Virginia University Outlined (Fluorine-18-labeled Flucic Ovine Pet/ct In Primary and Biochemical Recurrent Prostate Cancer Management)
COVID-19, Prostate Cancer, and Us TOO
Us TOO has created a web page dedicated to addressing the impact of the pandemic on all of us affected by prostate cancer. It includes our exclusive articles by Dr. Mark Moyad and many other resources. It is updated frequently, so please bookmark it and visit often. https://www.ustoo.org/covid
In the words of Dr. Moyad, “I am concerned, of course, but I am also incredibly optimistic.” We are all in this together!
Shalom. Salaam. Peace.
Beau and the Us TOO Team