Click image to view our Holiday Hope card.
Be sure to check out
video from the Us TOO
Prostate Cancer Pathways for Patients and Caregivers
educational event and webcast recorded on September 29 at Englewood Health in Englewood, NJ. Presentation topics include:
- Prostate Cancer and Sexuality
- Advanced Stage Disease and Immunotherapy
- Screening, Staging and Treatment of Localized Disease
- Integrative Medicine
- Prostate Cancer 101
- Men's Health
for access direct
links to short video segments
specific to each topic
or watch the entire presentation
is a registry recruiting 5,000 men with
advanced prostate cancer
from 9 countries. More than 366,000 men die of prostate cancer globally every year. Research on a man's type of prostate cancer, treatment and side effects will help inform what causes prostate cancer, how to stop or slow its progression, and how to provide the best possible care to enable men to live the best quality life possible.
to learn more.
The Metastatic Prostate Cancer Project
takes a new approach to cancer research in which researchers partner directly with men with metastatic and/or advanced prostate cancer, who share their samples and clinical information in order to speed up important discoveries. The project invites participation from men around the country with metastatic and/or advanced prostate cancer to study their cancer using cutting-edge genomic and molecular research studies performed at the Broad Institute.
to learn more.
The current administration is proposing
new cost reduction changes to Medicare coverage which would limit access to drugs
. These changes would negatively affect anyone needing treatment in any of six protected classes of medications, which currently include CANCER drugs, antidepressants, drugs to treat psychosis, anti-seizure medications, medications to prevent the rejection of transplanted organs, and HIV-AIDS drugs.
to learn more and consider signing a petition to oppose these changes.
While doing your online holiday shopping please remember to
to help Us TOO
. It provides all of the same merchandise on Amazon at the same price but designates a portion of your transaction to
benefit Us TOO at no additional cost to you
. Simply select Us TOO International as your charity of choice and 0.5 percent of the value of all purchases will be donated to Us TOO. There’s no limit to the amount AmazonSmile will donate.
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content. For access to the full article
- FDA Drafts Guidance on Using Metastasis-Free Survival Endpoints in Prostate Cancer
- An innovative new study advances personalized medicine for prostate cancer patients
- New Prostate Cancer Study Findings Reported from National Cancer Institute (Clinical implications of PET/CT in prostate cancer management)
- Research from Cork University Hospital Reveals New Findings on Prostate Cancer (The Predictive Ability of Pre-Operative Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Detect Pathological Outcomes in Prostate Cancer)
- Findings from Department of Urology Has Provided New Data on Prostate-Specific Antigen (Selection of patients who would not require long-term prostate-specific antigen monitoring after low-dose-rate brachytherapy)
Take care, stay warm, and let us know how we can help provide you with educational resources, support services and personal connections to others in the prostate cancer community.
We wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday Season!