Made possible by a charitable contribution from
Navigation Tip: Click on blue text that’s italicized, underlined and in bold for link to more information.
We hope that you’re doing well and enjoying the a little extra sunshine each day as we move closer to spring! Article titles for
PROSTATE CANCER NEWS YOU CAN USE
are listed below along with a link to the Us TOO web page that provides access to the full text for each article.
If you haven’t already done so,
we encourage you to check out recorded video from the Us TOO 2018 Pathways educational events
in Seattle, WA, Englewood, NJ, and Chicago, IL. In addition to a wide spectrum of presentations from medical experts, some highlights are noted below with links to video segments specific to each topic. This content was presented by Us TOO in response to 2018 survey feedback received from Us TOO support group leaders. We extend our thanks to Pathways presenters, corporate sponsors, support group leaders, and all who attended in person and online through the live webcast.
Prostate Cancer Screening, Staging, and Treatment of Localized Disease:
Advanced Disease & Immunotherapy:
Sexual Health & Intimacy:
Pelvic Floor Health:
Psychosocial Effects of a Prostate Cancer Diagnosis:
Living with Uncertainty after Cancer Diagnosis:
Harnessing the Benefits of Genetic Testing:
Benefits of Meditation:
Stay tuned for details on the 2019 Pathways events!
Prostate cancer support groups
provide a valuable opportunity to connect with others for education, support and perspective on managing every aspect of the disease – from testing to active surveillance, treatment options and side effect management.
Us TOO has a network of more than 200 support groups in the U.S. and abroad.
We thank all of the support group leaders who volunteer their time and leadership to provide this peer-to-peer forum for men diagnosed with prostate cancer and their loved ones. We encourage those who are interested to
find an Us TOO support group near you
If you are the
wife or female partner of a man with prostate cancer
, we invite you to join a conference call to connect with other women facing the same challenges. Because prostate cancer is a couple's disease, the woman is often subject to her own concerns in addition to those she shares with her partner.
A Forum for Her
is an ongoing series of conference calls that provides women with important peer-to-peer support. Two calls are scheduled for Wednesday, February 27, at 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm Central Time. To register, email
or call 877-978-7866.
If you’ll be near Fort Myers, FL, on Saturday, March 2, plan to attend
Prostate Cancer TODAY; Living Well, Choosing Wisely – FLORIDA
. This educational event is presented by Prostate Cancer International and features panel discussions, audience Q&A, and breakout sessions.
Get the details and register online
or call Jan at (239) 208-4400.
in partnership with the National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions (NASPCC) for a
15-week online support group
for men being treated for prostate cancer.
Get more information and register.
On June 8, The California Prostate Coalition and UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center will present
The 2019 Patient Conference on Prostate Cancer
. For information, email
NEWS YOU CAN USE ARTICLES:
Please note that the content below lists only the title of the article rather than a direct link to the content. For access to the full article
- Findings from S. Loeb and Co-Researchers Advance Knowledge in Prostate Cancer (Defining Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer Suitable for Active Surveillance)
- Findings from Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Prostate Cancer Provides New Insights (Abiraterone acetate in combination with prednisone in the treatment of metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer: clinical evidence and ...)
- Findings in the Area of Prostate Cancer Reported from Duke University (Psychometric Evaluation of PROMIS Sexual Function and Satisfaction Measures in a Longitudinal Population-Based Cohort of Men With Localized Prostate Cancer)
- Phase III combination trial improves survival in men with metastatic prostate cancer
- Janssen Announces ERLEADA® apalutamide Phase 3 TITAN Study Unblinded as Dual Primary Endpoints Achieved in Clinical Program Evaluating Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- Darolutamide shows promise for treatment of prostate cancer
- Electrical activity in prostate cancer cells
- Findings from Mayo Clinic Update Understanding of Prostate Cancer (Prostate cancer laparoscopic port site metastasis)
- Scientists develop prostate cancer prediction tool
- Studies in the Area of Prostate Cancer Reported from University of Santo Tomas (A Literature Review of Proton Beam Therapy for Prostate Cancer in Japan)
- New Prostate Cancer Study Results from University of Michigan Described (Detection of CTC Clusters and a Dedifferentiated RNA-Expression Survival Signature in Prostate Cancer)
- Findings from Stanford University School of Medicine in the Area of Prostate Cancer Described (Vasectomy and the risk of prostate cancer in a prospective US Cohort: Data from the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study)
- Cleveland Clinic Details Findings in Prostate Cancer (Outcomes in Organ Transplant Recipients With Prostate Cancer Treated With Radiotherapy)
The Oncotype DX® Genomic Prostate Score®(GPS™) test provides critical information to help
guide treatment decisions for early-stage prostate cancer patients
read press release
. The recent study was published in
Take care, stay warm, and watch for the March 2019 issue of the Us TOO
newsletter coming soon. Let us know how we can help provide you with educational resources, support services and personal connections to others in the prostate cancer community.
All the best,