All meetings of The Prostate Forum of Orange County are held at:
First Presbyterian Church, 838 North Euclid Street, Fullerton, CA 92832
How to get there:
From 91 (Riverside) Freeway: Take the Euclid Street exit, go north 1 3/4 mile.
From Interstate 5 Freeway: Take the Euclid Street exit (in Anaheim), go north 3.0 miles.
Prostate Forum of Orange County
October 2018 Programs Bulletin
4th THURSDAY, October 25, 2018, at 7 pm
1. Doors open at 5 pm for networking and obtaining materials, books, videos, etc.
2. Newly Diagnosed or Concern Group: 5.00 - 6.45 pm
3. Recurrent/Advanced Discussion Group: 5.00 - 6.45 pm
4. Evening Meeting with Speaker: 7.00 -8.45 pm (see following)
THURSDAY, October 25, 2018, at 7 pm.
Speaker: Leonard A. Farber, M.D.
Advances in radiation therapy for prostate cancer: SBRT (Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy)
Fractionation options in RT for prostate cancer
- Physician perspective
- Patient perspective
- Modality comparisons
- SBRT techniques and technical considerations
St. Joseph Health/St. Jude Medical Center
2151 N. Harbor Blvd, Ste 1500 Fullerton, CA. 92835
T: (714) 446-5632 C: (714) 788-0185 F: (714) 992-3081
Leonard A. Farber, MD- Short Form Biography
Dr. Farber is a board-certified Radiation Oncologist and has been medical and clinical director of radiation oncology facilities in NY where he recently relocated from.
Dr. Farber completed his residency in Radiation Oncology at the University of Pennsylvania where he was chief resident. Prior to that he completed his internship at Beth Israel Medical center having graduated medical school from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He has served as the clinical director of Radiation Oncology at Long Island Radiation Therapy/Nassau Radiologic Group in NY, Chairman of the Dept. of Radiation Oncology at Staten Island University Hospital of the North Shore University Hospital/LIJ Health System, Founder and Clinical Director The Farber Center for Radiation Oncology, New York, NY, Clinical Director of Radiation Oncology at NY-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine Lower Manhattan Cancer Center, and Attending and Professor, of Radiation Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NY.
His clinical research has been widely published. Dr. Farber is highly skilled in all facets of Radiation Oncology, with expertise in Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery for prostate cancer, breast cancer, CNS cancers, and other sites, and HDR brachytherapy.
Dr. Farber has recently joined City of Hope and is practicing at St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton, where he has initiated the first SBRT and SpaceOar program for prostate cancer and an SBRT treatment course for breast cancer.
Mark your calendars! All PFOC members are invited to a book signing (by the author - Dr. Mark Scholz) and discussion event in Newport Beach, Sunday, November 4, 2018, 5-7 pm at Lido Village Books,3424 Via Oporto, Suite 102,Newport Beach, CA 92633 - just across the bridge to Balboa Peninsula, at the end of 55 Fwy!
Dr. Scholz will be signing his new book "The Key to Prostate Cancer".
See details in this link.
10 new speakers' videos recently uploaded to YouTube!
Note: Our videos on Vimeo are no longer updated - go to YouTube!
* 2018 PCRI Prostate Cancer Patient Conference DVDs available here for a $150 donation! The link also gives you an opportunity to subscribe to the PCRI YouTube Channel.
* Us TOO "Prostate Cancer News You Can Use", March 12, 2018 edition is linked here!
PCa related articles/links forwarded by Dr. Charles Metzger:
* "Genetic Testing for Prostate Cancer":
What the experts say
. A Urology Times article (January 2018) which has been replaced by this article from The National Cancer Institute on the same subject.
A Medscape Urology article.(June, 2017)
"Possibility of "Cure" for Metastatic Prostate Cancer". Commented on in "Medscape",
Penn expert calls for shorter radiation use in prostate cancer treatment"
MDLINX article (March 2017)
Here is the link to Dr. Snuffy Myers' Prostatepedia Weekly.
Prostate Cancer books:
* Our list of recommended books on Prostate Cancer:
* Help us to help others! Now you can safely contribute to us via PayPal using your credit card and without the need for a PayPal account. To donate, click on this link and follow the instructions! A receipt of your contribution will be emailed to you.
Donate $$ to the Prostate Forum of Orange County!
Subscribe to Our Monthly Programs Bulletins! And/or, forward to a friend!
* To subscribe/unsubscribe to our newsletter, or update your email address, click the links at the bottom of this page or go to our web site at this link!
View our videos online!
* STREAMING VIDEOS:
Our videos are now available live on YouTube. Click on the link below for an over-view page of our videos on YouTube.
* Also see list of videos on our web site by subject & treatments (see section C) at the end of numerical list of videos.
Click here to go directly to the videos page.