FREE/Low Cost Staff Retention: Have You Thanked Your DSP Today?
According to Bob Nelson, Ph.D.; there are four types of praise:
- Personal praise: face-to-face thanks and acknowledgement for a job well done
- Written praise: written note or formal letter of thanks
- Electronic praise: personal thanks and acknowledgement via email or voicemail
- Public praise: recognition in front of one or more other people, in a public forum such as a meeting or a broad form of communication such as a newsletter or newspaper
Dr. Nelson uses "ASAP-cubed" to remember the essential elements to good praising.
Praise should be:
- as soon as possible
- as sincere as possible
- as specific as possible
- as personal as possible
- as positive as possible
- as proactive as possible
Dr. Nelson's formula for Creating Positive Feedback:
- I saw what you did
- I appreciate it
- Here's why it is important
- Here's how it makes me feel
Thank you for reading Provider Connection! We truly appreciate it. It is important that we all stay connected. We feel fortunate to have the opportunity to support you in this way. Have a great month!
Read more about Dr. Nelson
Nelson, B., PhD. (2012).
1501 Ways To Reward Employees
. New York, NY: Workman Publishing Co.