A recent enhancement has been made to both Mercy Care Plan's (MercyOneSource) and Mercy Maricopa's secure web portals. Effective immediately, you will now be able to submit attachments through the Secure Web Portal. Some key points to keep in mind are:
- Corrected claims are not to be submitted through this process. Corrected claims must be submitted as they are currently (electronically or through resubmission process). Examples of corrected claims include but are not limited to:
- Incorrect units billed on the initial claim.
- Incorrect code information including HCPCS, CPT and ICD-10 codes billed on the initial claim.
- Incorrect provider information billed on the initial claim.
- Documents that can be attached are only those listed in the Type of Claims Resubmission drop down field.
- Itemized bills for hospital claims may be attached as an excel file.
- There is a size limit of 3 Mb for any document you may attach. It is recommended to split a file (if greater than 3 Mb) and upload multiple files rather than one large file. We are currently working to resolve and increase the size limitation.
- Once the attachment is submitted, an e-mail is generated to our claims department for claims adjustment. If there are no other issues with the claim, the claim will be processed within 48 - 72 hours from submission.
As always, don't hesitate to contact your
Provider Relations Representative with any questions or comments. You can find this notice and all other provider notices on our
Mercy Care Plan
Thanks for all you do!