The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) released its draft rules and regulations last night as it relates to the enforcement of Public Health guidelines and directives during the public health emergency. These proposed rules and regulations would levy fines and penalties upon those who may be found to be in violation of public health directives.
The Department has proposed the following fines for businesses that violate or fail to obey guidance or directives issued by the Department of Public Health:
- First offense: not to exceed $1,000.00
- Second offense: not to exceed $2,000.00
- Third offense: not to exceed $10,000.00
Public hearings have been scheduled as follows:
- Saturday, October 31st (tomorrow) from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- Wednesday, November 4th from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. via Zoom.
(Meeting is limited to first 100 participants)
The Public Hearing will also be streamed live on DPHSS’ Facebook Page.