State Level IDEA Budget Application
Each year the Louisiana Department of Education must submit an application for Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) funds.
Click here to see Louisiana's application for Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2014 IDEA funding for state level activities The Federal Fiscal Year 2014 runs from October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014.
Note: Clarification is being sought that the link on the Department of Education website is the FFY2014 IDEA application since the title page indicates it is for FFY2013 and the footer indicates it is for FFY2012.
Trends and changes in annual funding levels by budget category from 2009 through 2013 are available by clicking graphs or the table.
State Level Budget Changes
Increased funding for:
- Administration and coordination
- Alternate Assessments
- High Cost Funds (additional funding for school districts serving students with needs that significantly exceed average costs).
- School district support and direct services, technical assistance, personnel prep, professional development and training
- School district capacity building
Reduced funding for:
- Assistive technology
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Monitoring, complaint investigation and mediation (collectively)
Elimination of funding for:
- Transition to post-secondary activities (employment, higher education)
- Assisting school districts in meeting personnel shortages.
- Paperwork reductions
State Performance Plan
Every five years Louisiana must submit a State Performance Plan with targets for specific indicators reflecting student participation and performance as well as state. Prior to 2012 Louisiana had a stakeholder group to specifically review and make recommendations on the SPP indicators. The SPP steering committee also selected targets for the state to use in selecting school districts for focused on-site monitoring. A change will leave the Special Education Advisory Panel as the only committee providing recommendations and oversight over the State Performance Plan.
to see the most recent 2012 La. State Performance Plan submitted February 15, 2013.