As we enter Holy Week and prepare for the Triduum, we reflect on the beauty of Catholic education and the traditions of our Church.
To end our 40 days of Lent and in preparation of Easter,
students will participate in Adoration tomorrow and Wednesday.
, our 8th grade students will lead each homeroom through the
Living Stations of the Cross
followed by a prayer service.
A reminder to parents that Holy Thursday is a noon dismissal, there is no EDP, and the school will close at 12:30pm.
I share wonderful news with our QA community.
Odyssey of the Mind
is a creative problem-solving competition, modeled on interscholastic sports, and coached by QA parents. Three of this year's teams qualified for the State Tournament held last Saturday at Columbus State University.
All three of the QA teams qualified for the World Competition to be held in Michigan in late May.
We congratulate the following teams:
- Coach Bethany Cotter's team-2nd place, Division II, "Hide in Plain Site"
- Coaches Brenda Smith and Bob Czaplicki-1st place, Division II, "Structure Toss"
- Coaches Stacia Ymbras and Marsha Henderson-1st place, Division I, "Structure Toss"
Parents received a special communication regarding the change in Spirit Night restaurants from Zoe's to Wild Slice Pizza. A reminder that tomorrow, 20% of all orders, takeout and delivery (within a 4-mile radius), will be sent to the H.S.A. Please make sure you identify your extended family as part of the QA community.
Mid term reports will be available on Thursday of this week.
Refer to the RenWeb section of the Herald for directions on how to access.
The results of the IOWA/CoGAT assessments will be mailed to parents this week.
We are pleased with overall performance of Queen of Angels and will continue to strive towards high goals. If you need assistance interpreting the results of your child's scores, please contact
I want to remind our families that the
Spirit of Queen of Angels Award
application is available through the following
Spirit of Queen of Angels Award
recognizes students that represent the foundational values of
Righteousness, Respect, Responsibility and Readiness
in support of the mission statement of Queen of Angels and that of Catholic education. Applications are due May 10th.
The QA Easter break begins at noon on Thursday.
When students return on Tuesday, April 23rd, we will be in the final weeks of the 2018-2019 school year. There are many special events, traditions for Queen of Angels that will occur and assist in celebrating the end of another wonderful year.
Please join us for each or any of these events:
- April 26th-Volunteer Appreciation Mass at 8:30am at St. Peter Chanel with a special reception to follow. We invite all of our volunteers to attend a special Mass where we can thank you for sharing your time and talent with our students, faculty, administration and program. Queen of Angels would not be the special place it is without the generosity of our "army of volunteers." We are proud and that more than 80% of our parents support us thorough their volunteerism.
- April 29th-Care of Creation Family Service Night at 6:30pm. Help beautify the campus of Queen of Angels.
- May 3rd-The annual May Procession and Crowning. Please join us for this beautiful ceremony following the all school Mass at 8:30am.
- May 17th-QA celebrates the traditional Lux Reginae Angelorum Mass where the Light of the Queen of Angels will be passed form the 8th grade to 7th grade students. Additional information to the sent to 7th and 8th grade parents.
- May 20th-Graduation and honors for our 8th grade students at 6:30pm at St. Peter Chanel. Details to be sent to 8th grade parents after Easter.
In closing, I want to personally thank our entire community for the prayers, support, and meals on behalf of the Carlton and Fairchild families. What a testament to engagement and strength of this community of faith.
We look forward to our school coming together to celebrate the traditions of the remainder of the year that reflects the beauty of Queen of Angels Catholic School
Blessings as we enter Holy Week.