Considering Social Media as Part of Your Marketing Strategy?
Social media is now a universe of splintered and diverse niche networks but there are a few that dominate the landscape. Some are embedded in our lives such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms and guess what? They are here to stay!
KEY FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LINKEDIN :
According to media strategist, Jeff Bulla, LinkedIn has now surpassed 300 million users. There are now over 1 billion LinkedIn endorsements.
41% of LinkedIn visits are now via mobile.
LinkedIn has 5,000 employees and there are over 2.1 million LinkedIn groups. Their worth is now estimated over $7.5 billion. The top 5 countries by user numbers are: USA (93 million), India (24 million), Brazil (16 million), UK (14 million) and Canada with 9 million. The most likely demographic profile is male, Asian, 45-54 years, earns $150k+ annually, has no kids and has a college degree.
Things to Know When Building or Updating Your LinkedIn Profile:
The quality of your connections are important, not just the quantity alone. Things to keep in mind:
- This is your resume & "bill board" in many ways. Be concise with your words to ensure your message is clear.
- Once you have over 501 + connections, your profile is then rated at a higher level.
- Having a professional and up to date photo is a must. Not having one works against you for various reasons.
- Only join groups where there is a common interest and you will actively participate in. DO NOT just join groups within your industry.
- Need a reason to make a call or connections? See alerts for your connections for career changes, work anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
- Actively posts articles to share and change up your profile and photo from time to time. Every time that you do, your connections are alerted of a change to your profile...guess who just became top of mind once again...YES YOU!
- Get clients, industry experts, business associates and center of influences to endorse you, your business & services by writing a testimony on their experience in working with you.
Tips About Other Social Media Platforms:
- is both personable & professional. Easy to see who's connected to who & keeps you up to date with the latest activities. Pictures tell stories & say a thousand words without you having to!
Instagram - It's fast. Limited word characters must be used.
Twitter - Also fast, has limited word characters that must be used as well.
(FYI - The millennial generations hangout more on Twitter & Instagram).
Did I mention that all of these social media platforms for the most part are FREE??