Here is some RAP news I would like to share with you:
The RAP Board allocated the following grants to these organizations recently:
- Coachella Valley Foster Kids
- Desert Recreation District’s Summer Scene program
- Coachella Valley Historical Society
- Association of Fundraising Professional’s National Philanthropy Day
- Neuro Vitality Center’s Virtual Services for Good Health
- Shay’s Warriors
- Desert Ridge Academy’s Parent Teacher Organization
- Colorado River Senior Center’s Food & Health Assistance Program
For the 4th year, we are proud to have partnered with The James Irvine Foundation to re-grant funds to support the “Know Your Rights” work being done by the following organizations:
- Consejo de Federaciones Mexicanas’ Empowering Immigrants in the eastern Coachella Valley
- Inland Congregations United for Change – Coachella Valley Immigrant Rights Project
- Inland Equity Community Land Trust-Inland Equity Community Partnership Rapid Response Line and Mental Health Therapy Referral Program
- The Carolyn E. Wylie Center for Children, Youth and Families’ Legal Services for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status Program
Desert Legal Foundation Funding Opportunity
In a previous edition, I mentioned that the Desert Legal Foundation was created to provide funding to nonprofits in the Coachella Valley in order to pay for legal fees that they would otherwise not be able to afford. Funding is still available.
Several nonprofits have applied for and received funding to help cover legal fees in order to strengthen their governance and provide a greater opportunity for future successes by their organizations.
Welcome to Newest RAP Team Members
I am pleased to introduce two new Team Members to RAP, Graciela Montaño and Ana Montaño. It is a notable coincidence that both ladies have the same last name, but they are not related!
"Gracie" is our new Community Services Manager and will be taking over the administration of The James Irvine Foundation’s Immigrant Rights grant. Whereas Ana is our Administrative Assistant and will be supporting our Grants Director.
Desert Fast Pitch 2021
RAP’s signature Desert Fast Pitch event was a casualty of COVID 19 and hasn’t been held since November 2019. We are excited to announce that we will be once again presenting this highly successful event at the beginning of December 2021.
As you all know, the Desert Fast Pitch is an opportunity for nonprofits serving residents in eastern Riverside County to compete for cash grants; $10,000 for Audience Choice, $15,000 for Most Innovative, and $20,000 for Top Prize (according to judges) by delivering a compelling 3 Minute Pitch to the judges in front of a live audience. In addition to the cash grants, all participants will receive capacity-building services, including coaching and free admittance to activities presented by RAP.
More details about the process and how to apply will be forthcoming very soon, so stay connected!
Be safe, take care; wishing you all good health.
Lety De Lara, CEO