Choices are individual and an implied human right for all citizens -- yet many people with disabilities are often not able to fully experience a self-directed life. This series considers supported decision making, the dignity of risk, guardianship, and additional options for protection without interfering with a person’s autonomy. This 5-part series provides:
- An overview of what to expect from the Self Determination series;
- What Supported Decision Making means;
- The continuum of supports from least to most restrictive;
- What you need to know about Guardianship; and
- Why dignity of risk matters.