Dear CommUNITY friends,
Based on input from the Reopening Team, the Board of Trustees has tentatively set Sunday, July 11th as the date for reopening Unity Santa Fe for limited in-person services. This gives us enough lead time to plan and change over the sanctuary, and another month and a half for more people to be vaccinated.
The Reopening team will be providing the Board with recommendations a complete plan in the near future. We already know that the following measures will be taken:
1) Everyone needs to be masked at all times while in the building.
2) We are considering having a temperature taker at the entrance with a thermometer, and not allowing anyone with an elevated temperature to enter.
3) We will not have an indoor social hour after the service.
4) We have to adjust the seating to provide social distancing.
5) As a consequence of 4, we quite possibly will not be able to hold as many people in person as would like to attend. We have two ways that we will be we are thinking of responding to that:
Continue to broadcast our services. As we have several devoted members who live in places as diverse as Las Cruces and St. Louis, this is something we really want to do as a permanent feature. The Technology Team is working very hard on this.
- Have a reservations system. Apparently, the Unity church in Albuquerque is doing this and it's working quite well. Thania is looking into the best way to accomplish this.
Stay tuned for more details!
Thanks, and blessings,
Board of Trustees President