I believe that I have been the victim of race discrimination on my job. Can I sue my employer in state court here in North Carolina?
A: No. Since the passage of the new controversial HB2 bill by the North Carolina Legislature, a person's right to sue an employer in state court for discrimination was eliminated. However there are some other ways to address this situation. C
all us at The Montgomery Law Firm if you need to have these types of claims reviewed for consideration. We have over 25 years experience in this area of the law.
Tell us what legal issues you want the Monday Morning Lawyer to discuss next? Send your thoughts to info@theMLawfirm.com.
Please call us to use our firm's newest concept - Urgent Legal Xpress!
The Montgomery Law Firm today at 704-749-3135 or firstname.lastname@example.org
to assist you with your legal needs in the following areas:
- Employment Law (EEOC claims|wrongful termination|discrimination|unemployment hearings|severance negotiations)
- Personal Injury Law (insurance claims|automobile accidents)
- Business Law (civil litigation|contract formation and review|business formation|dispute resolution/trademark|business strategy)
- Estate Planning (wills|trusts|power of attorney|healthcare power of attorney| secure document storage)
- Fashion Law (strategic fashion planning & development, seminars on issues of interest to fashion community, fashion employment practices, fashion trademark licensing)
"Meeting clients just where they are"
Book release 2016
The Montgomery Law Firm
6135 Park South Drive, Ste. 510
Charlotte, NC 28210
| Fax: 704-749-3136