Issue: 18147 December 17, 2018
December 23 - 29
Mount Zion UMC, Carlisle
Hoffman UMC, Trout Run
First UMC, Marion
Emmanuel UMC, Clearfield
Waller UMC, Benton
Hop Bottom UMC, Hop Bottom
Locust Run UMC, Locust Run
Orbisonia UMC, Orbisonia
Daniels-St. Thomas UMC, Mount Pleasant Mills
Uriah UMC, Gardners
Rev. Larry Leland Jr. - Gen. Conf. Delegate (Clergy)
Lisa Bender - Gen. Conf. Delegate (Laity)
December 23 - 29
Noxen UMC, Noxen
Klinesgrove UMC, Sunbury
Pine Grove UMC, York
Beech Valley UMC, Trout Run
West Fairview UMC, Enola
Martha UMC, Port Matilda
Second Avenue UMC, Altoona
St. Paul's UMC, Dushore
Rockville UMC, Harrisburg
Trinity UMC, New Columbia
Rev. Matthew Lake - Gen. Conf. Delegate (Clergy)
Milton Loyer - Gen. Conf. Delegate (Laity)
The Conference Office closes for the Christmas holiday at
noon on Friday, December 21 and
will be closed through Wednesday, December 26. For the New Year's holiday the office
will be closed December 31, 2018 and January 1, 2019. The
office will re-open on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Discovery Place will
close for the Christmas holiday at noon on Friday, December 21, 2018, and
re-open on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, at 9 a.m.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year!
- The Susquehanna Conference Staff
Join General Conference Delegates and Conference Leadership on
Saturday, January 19, in a discussion about the Special Session of General Conference in February.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions, voice your concerns, and have your voice heard.
YOUTH LAY MEMBERS
FOR ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2019
Youth that would like to serve as a lay member at large to Annual
Conference 2019, please fill out this form by Monday, January 7, 2019.
If your church/charge elected a youth to represent you as the lay member or the elected alternate, please alert Mollye Inners to this wonderful support of youth leadership.
The cost for youth to attend Annual Conference will be $100.00. The Young People's Ministry Annual Conference Scholarship Fund will cover all other costs for youth members to attend.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Mollye Inners by email at email@example.com
Annual Conference Session 2019 will be held May 29-June 1 at the Hershey Lodge.
SAVE THE DATES FOR SUMMER CAMPS 2019
More details about the individual camps and registration
coming JANUARY 2019!
Camp & Retreat Ministry
Active Pastors under appointment (Local Church and Extension Ministry) who are considering requesting the Retired Relationship at the 2019 session of annual conference are urged to check paragraph No. 357, page 304 in the 2016 Book of Discipline. I call your attention to the second sentence of the opening statement.
Requests for retirement shall be stated in writing to the Bishop, Cabinet, and the Board of Ordained Ministry at least one hundred twenty days prior to the date on which retirement is to be effective unless waived by the bishop and cabinet."
If you are considering retirement at the 2019 session of annual conference, please be sure to honor the time restriction. Your request should be sent to the Bishop.
Copy your request for retirement letter and send to your District Superintendent; the Rev. Suzanne Elliott, chairperson of the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry; the Rev. Dr. Dennis Keller, chairperson of the Board's Conference Relations Committee; and Kelly Cox, Conference Pension Officer.
If you have any additional questions, please be sure to contact your District Superintendent and/or the Episcopal Office.
Gregory C. Myers
Assistant to the Bishop
|Please click graphic to view.
Just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed an interest in Susquehanna Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Don't forget to add quiklink
to your address book
so we'll be sure to land in your inbox!
Your messages are welcome that have an interest across the Susquehanna Conference.
These are guidelines for submitting material for publication in QuikLINK:
1. In order to keep QuikLINK an efficient communication tool, the sole gateway for material submitted is by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Messages for QuikLINK are to be of general interest to the
entire annual conference
. Local church events need to be sent to your district office for distribution within your district. Correctness is the responsibility of the person submitting the item and cannot be guaranteed by the Communications Ministry office. Questions should be directed to the contact of each message.
3. In order to publish on a timely schedule, submissions are to be sent to QuikLink on the business day prior to publication.
4. Messages should be kept as short as possible. Brochures may be submitted, but highlights of the brochure need to be included as a short message (the brochure will be made available by a download link). The editor of QuikLINK reserves the right to shorten messages deemed to be too long and/or link to additional material on the Web.
5. Contact information MUST be included in every message submitted. The message/announcement must be submitted as text only. Any charts, registration forms, posters, PDF's or pictures will be made available by a download link.
6. QuikLINK is not designed to be a forum for opinion sharing or fundraising. Fundraising announcements for local churches are to be directed to the district office for distribution. Fundraising announcements are reserved for entities of the annual conference and the global church denomination.
7. In the interest of time, submitted material is published with minimal proofreading. A spell check will sometimes be applied, but that will not guarantee correct spelling.
The limit for repeated messages is three
. We do not keep a message queue for repeat messages. They must be re-submitted in the form in which they are to be published.
9. Corrections to messages must be re-submitted in corrected form exactly as it should be re-published.
Messages MUST be composed exactly as the sender wishes them to appear along with a short headline in capital letters. The accuracy or completeness of the message is the responsibility of the sender. Events need to answer the questions: what, who, when, where, and sometimes why and how.
It is our hope that everyone who is a part of QuikLINK will want to continue; but Internet law dictates that broadcast e-mail have "unsubscribe" instructions at the end of every broadcast message.
To unsubscribe, reply to this message with instructions to be deleted from further
e-mail broadcasts by responding to the unsubscribe message at the bottom of each broadcast of QuikLINK.
The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may legally be privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message, or any copy of it, from your computer system. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of The Susquehanna Conference, The United Methodist Church, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.