send all articles for QuikLINK to
Issue: 18125 October 2, 2018
CIRCLE OF PRAYER CHURCHES AND DELEGATES
for the week of
October 7 - 13 and
October 14 - 20
Zion UMC, East Prospect
Peckville UMC, Peckville
Hyner UMC, Hyner
Luther's Mills UMC, Luther's Mills
Stairville UMC, Wapwallopen
St. John's UMC, Grantville
Snow Shoe UMC, Snow Shoe
Wesley Chapel UMC, Breezewood
Immanuel UMC, Glen Rock
Whitneyville UMC, Whitneyville
Rev. Dr. Thomas Salsgiver - Gen. Conf. Delegate (Clergy)
Layne Miller - Gen. Conf. Delegate (Laity)
Huntsville UMC, Shavertown
Big Spring UMC, Newville
Orrtanna UMC, Orrtanna
Faith UMC, Sunbury
Eagles Mere Community UMC, Eagles Mere
Lakemont UMC, Altoona
Messiah UMC, Shippensburg
Eatonville UMC, Tunkhannock
Calvary UMC, Berwick
Hollenback UMC, Wyalusing
Rev. Anna Layman Knox -
Gen. Conf. Delegate (Clergy)
Anne Horton -
Gen. Conf. Delegate (Laity)
DISCIPLE MINISTRIES DIRECTOR OPENING AT NEWBURG UMC
This part-time position (20 hrs/week) is designed to help the congregation carry out its desire to grow intentional disciples within and to share the love of Christ without. This ministry includes: developing intentional missions within and outside the local community, especially to local families; mentoring and educating leaders and encouraging each to develop his or her spiritual life and gifts in service to the church and community; developing discipleship opportunities such as small groups; developing and maintaining systems of intentional accountability for ministry teams and leaders.
The DMD will work to provide all persons opportunities to grow in their relationship with God and respond to that relationship faithfully in the church and in the world as they respond to Jesus' call to "Follow me."
Newburg is a beautiful rural community in western Cumberland County, Harrisburg District, with less than a 15- minute drive to Shippensburg, 30 minutes to both Chambersburg and Carlisle, and borders York and Altoona Districts.
For a full ministry description, please contact
the church office at 717-423-6623,
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION/CHILDREN & FAMILY MINISTRIES COORDINATOR POSITION
OPEN AT NEW CREATION COMMUNITY CHURCH
New Creation Community Church is hiring for the position of Christian Education/Children and Family Ministries Coordinator! The candidate will manage Safe Sanctuaries compliance, organize and staff current children's small groups, develop new ministries, and coordinate with community ministries, all according to the mission and vision of the church. This is a part time position of approximately 16 hours/week including Sunday worship. Salary negotiable.
Candidates may submit their resume to New Creation Community Church, 3005 Emig Mill Road, Dover, PA 17315, fax to 717-779-0662 in care of Melanie Green, or email to
CHOIR ROBES FOR SALE
40 adult choir robes (various adult sizes, S - XL) and 1 matching acolyte robe (child size). The color is blue. Each has an unattached stole of the same color outlined in white. The stole is reversible to all white for accent or for special occasions. The openings of the sleeves are also outlined in white. The robes are approximately 16 years old and are in generally good condition, however some mending may be needed.
The robes are available for inspection by appointment in Enola, Pa.
|Please click graphic to view.
Just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed an interest in Susquehanna Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Don't forget to add quiklink
to your address book
so we'll be sure to land in your inbox!
Your messages are welcome that have an interest across the Susquehanna Conference.
These are guidelines for submitting material for publication in QuikLINK:
1. In order to keep QuikLINK an efficient communication tool, the sole gateway for material submitted is by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Messages for QuikLINK are to be of general interest to the
entire annual conference
. Local church events need to be sent to your district office for distribution within your district. Correctness is the responsibility of the person submitting the item and cannot be guaranteed by the Communications Ministry office. Questions should be directed to the contact of each message.
3. In order to publish on a timely schedule, submissions are to be sent to QuikLink on the business day prior to publication.
4. Messages should be kept as short as possible. Brochures may be submitted, but highlights of the brochure need to be included as a short message (the brochure will be made available by a download link). The editor of QuikLINK reserves the right to shorten messages deemed to be too long and/or link to additional material on the Web.
5. Contact information MUST be included in every message submitted. The message/announcement must be submitted as text only. Any charts, registration forms, posters, PDF's or pictures will be made available by a download link.
6. QuikLINK is not designed to be a forum for opinion sharing or fundraising. Fundraising announcements for local churches are to be directed to the district office for distribution. Fundraising announcements are reserved for entities of the annual conference and the global church denomination.
7. In the interest of time, submitted material is published with minimal proofreading. A spell check will sometimes be applied, but that will not guarantee correct spelling.
The limit for repeated messages is three
. We do not keep a message queue for repeat messages. They must be re-submitted in the form in which they are to be published.
9. Corrections to messages must be re-submitted in corrected form exactly as it should be re-published.
Messages MUST be composed exactly as the sender wishes them to appear along with a short headline in capital letters. The accuracy or completeness of the message is the responsibility of the sender. Events need to answer the questions: what, who, when, where, and sometimes why and how.
It is our hope that everyone who is a part of QuikLINK will want to continue; but Internet law dictates that broadcast e-mail have "unsubscribe" instructions at the end of every broadcast message.
To unsubscribe, reply to this message with instructions to be deleted from further
e-mail broadcasts by responding to the unsubscribe message at the bottom of each broadcast of QuikLINK.
The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may legally be privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message, or any copy of it, from your computer system. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of The Susquehanna Conference, The United Methodist Church, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.