Updates on Facility Re-openings, Summer Virtual Programming and Closures
The City of Belleville is excited to share additional opportunities as the Province and Hastings and Prince Edward County continue in Phase 2 of Ontario’s plans for re-opening. This summer may differ from any other year due to the COVID-19 restrictions. However, the City of Belleville continues to take further steps to re-open select services for residents to enjoy this summer.
After great deliberation it has been determined that some activities can proceed safely with COVID-19 restrictions in place while others will be delayed or cancelled at this time.
Activities available this summer are:
- Virtual recreation programming: for participants of all ages through ZOOM, Facebook, and YouTube videos (virtual visits for older adults, weekly water safety tips, fitness, personal training, summer camps with crafts, cooking, science experiments and more). Everyone is invited to participate in virtual activities by visiting qswc.ca or by following along on Facebook or Twitter. Activities begin the week of July 6th.
- City splash pads: opened June 29, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, until September 7, 2020, weather permitting.
- Victoria Park and Meyers Pier: open to seasonal boaters.
- Glanmore National Historic Site: re-opening mid-July. Advance tickets with timed-entry will be required. Stay tuned for more details. Check out Glanmore's social media channels @GlanmoreNHS for the latest information and fun, virtual content.
- Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County: limited services are available. Staff can be reached by calling 613-967-3304.·
At this time, the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre will remain closed to the public, in accordance with the Provincial requirements. Summer camps and recreation programs are cancelled for the summer 2020 season. All events on City properties are also cancelled until at least July 31, 2020.
The City of Belleville will continue to update residents as the COVID-19 re-opening stages and restrictions evolve and allow for the re-opening of additional services. Residents are invited to visit
for further information.
Bookings and Rentals
Field bookings for M.A.Sills fields #1 & 2 will open up starting July 13th. All other bookings and rentals are cancelled until July 13. Decisions on the rest of July rentals and bookings will be made on a weekly basis. Large outdoor events on City of Belleville property are cancelled until at least the the end of July.