by Maine youth
, commonly referred to as vaping or "Juuling," has significantly increased over the past few years. Presently, 29% of high school students report that they currently use these products.
The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence is excited to provide new vaping treatment services, now available for all Mainers who need support with quitting vaping or with helping a loved one to quit.
Youth Texting Program:
Text MAINE to 88709
CTI has partnered with the Truth Initiative to launch the Maine
This is Quitting
youth texting program. This is Quitting is a free, confidential texting program with evidence-based tips to help 13-24 year olds quit vaping.
Vaping Support Line:
Through the Maine Tobacco HelpLine, any adult or youth resident can receive services to assist:
- Those who vape and want to quit
- Those needing assistance in how to support a loved one who vapes
- Anyone with a general question about vaping
Trained coaches will work with callers to:
- Enroll in quitting support services
- Provide tips for speaking to youth around vaping
- Provide local vaping resource information