Fellow Sinai Members,
We trust that your summer is going well!
We wanted to give you a brief update on the search for our permanent rabbi.
Since we paused the search this winter, we have done a few important things to prepare for this year’s slate of candidates:
- We held town halls to update the congregation on the search and obtain feedback.
- Some members of the full-time search committee participated in the successful search and hiring of Rabbi Ross as our Interim Rabbi. These experiences, especially from an on-boarding perspective, will help us as we bring on our new rabbi next year.
- We took a critical look at our approach, as a committee, to seek self-improvement.
- We conducted discussions with key stakeholders to obtain feedback and recommendations for changes for this year.
- We met with Rabbi Ross to gain his perspective on how to best position ourselves as a community seeking a new rabbi.
So, what’s next?
Our online job posting (aka “The Application”) is officially online as of this week. We anticipate receiving a steady flow of resumes up until the High Holidays and will begin to engage and evaluate candidates right away. We expect to communicate to you the results of our search during the first quarter of 2020.
As we embark on this next phase of the search, we would like to remind you of a couple things we have discussed in the past:
1- We will maintain the high standard we expect for Temple Sinai in our next rabbi and will not settle for a rabbi who doesn’t live up to our expectations.
2- The commitment of this committee has been amazing. As many of you know, the work of this group was a major time commitment, and we are proud that almost the entire committee decided to continue to work on the next phase of the search. Please, when you see them around “our house” thank them for their efforts. As a reminder they are:
Finally, as Ian mentioned in his first note as President to the Congregation, Vanessa Weisbrod will serve as co-chair of the search going forward. She was a key part of our efforts last year and will be a great replacement for Ian.
Thank you for your continued support,
Vanessa and Michael