24 No RPS busing; Parent drop-off and pick-up; GRCS bus as normal
27 No school - Memorial Day
28 RCS Staff Farewell Open House, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
29-31 6th Grade at Sleeping Bear; 5th Grade at Camp Roger
4-5 8th Grade Exams
6 8th Grade Graduation, 7 p.m., RCS
7 Last Day of School (12 noon dismissal)
Family Calendar 2019-20
*Moms In Touch meets every Wednesday from 2:40-3:15 to pray for our school, students, staff and community. You are welcome to join us!
RPS BUSING CHANGE - MAY 24
We have been informed that RPS will not be in session this Friday, May 24. This means it will be both parent drop-off and pick-up for students using RPS busing. The GRCS bus will run as normal.
ParentVue Verification was due yesterday.
Did you complete the ParentVUE Verification Process? If not, please take a few minutes to complete it now. Log into
, click on Online Verification in the upper righthand corner, and follow the instructions on the screen.
While you can access ParentVUE on your mobile device, verification is not available in the app and works best when done on a computer.
This process must be completed in order for your child to be placed on a class list and/or bus route for 2019-2020 and for your Smart Tuition account to be set up correctly.
Hopefully we won't be getting any more snow for the rest of this school year! Please take home any snow apparatus - saucers, sleds, etc. by this Friday, May 24. Any items left after dismissal on Friday, May 24 will be donated.
RCS Staff Farewell Open House, May 28 from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Please join us on Tuesday, May 28, as we celebrate and thank:
Jen TenHarmsel, and Harry Knol
All library books due this Friday, May 24!
Please remind your student to return their books this week.
Overdue Library Books
As of May 20, there are 588 books checked out of the library, 180 books that are currently overdue
Students with lost or missing books will be charged the replacement cost of the book.
If there are questions about a missing book, please stop in or contact me at email@example.com. Thank you!
Technology Equipment Sales
will be held at GRCHS in the All City Gym entry off Plymouth on June 6 from 12:00 - 4:00, and June 7 from 7:30 - 1:00. All devices are sold as is with no support.
8th Grade Laptops
Students in the 8th grade are allowed to purchase their assigned school device for $300. Check with your student about an email they received with purchasing details if you are interested.
Negative Hot Lunch Balances
Please check your hot lunch balances and make sure your children's accounts are up to date. Thank you!
Thank you for participating in hot lunch, we enjoy serving you students nutritious meals each day! Jill Zondag
We are always in need of recess volunteers! Please use this link to sign up:
Current 8th graders planning to play sports at Grand Rapids Christian High School in 2019-20 school year need to have a MHSAA physical form on file with the high school athletic office before they are allowed to participate. A valid physical for 2019-20 must be completed anytime after April 15, 2019.
You may turn in the completed physical to the GRCHS athletic office as soon as you finish it, even if it is before the end of this school year or during the summer. You may pick up a physical form at the GRCHS athletic office, or print out a physical form here.
This form must be completed with all signatures in order to participate in sports at GRCHS. You may attach your doctor's office physical form for the doctor portion of this form but the parent portion and signatures need to be completed on this form.
GRCS 2019 Summer Sports Camps
camps offer a great opportunity to improve skills and athleticism in a variety of
sports. Grand Rapids Christian offers
camps to kids 4 years old - high school!
- Baseball: ages 7-14 years old
- Boys Basketball: 1st - 10th grade
- Girls Basketball: 1st - 10th grade
- Boys Basketball Skills and Drills: 3rd - 8th grade
- Girls Basketball Skills and Drills: 3rd - 8th grade
- Cross Country: middle school and high school
- Boys Lacrosse: 3rd - 8th grade
- Girls Lacrosse: 3rd - 8th grade
- Boys Soccer: 3rd - 12th grade
- Girls Soccer: 3rd - 12th grade
- Softball: 5th - 8th grade
- Coed Tennis: ages 4 - high school
- Boys Volleyball: 5th - 12th grade
- Girls Volleyball: 5th - 12th grade
If you have any questions about our camps or the registration process, please contact Carolyn Groendyk in the athletic office at 616.574.5819 or
- Girls Spring Lacrosse - Taking late sign ups for 3rd through 8th graders. Season runs from March through May
Gift card sales @ RCS from 8:00-10:00 a.m.
Wednesdays: Gift card sales @ GRCES Iroquois Campus from 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
You may also contact us at the TRIP office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; hours vary. Phone 574-6030 or email
. Visit our website at
Statements for TRIP credit earned 11-1-18 through 4-30-19 are now available to pick up at the TRIP Office. TRIP credit should be applied to your May tuition statement (if you pay monthly). To direct TRIP credit to a Christian school outside of GRCS schools, or if you have any questions about how your tuition credit is applied, please contact Amy Doezema 574-6004 (
) or Tim Stapert 574-6006 (
- Last week to purchase/order small denomination cards! Great for teacher gifts, graduates and other special occasions! We have limited quantities of selected cards in stock. Additional brands must be special ordered a week ahead.
- NEW brands available as physical gift cards! All must be special-ordered a week ahead. REI $25 card, 8% (also available as instant e-cards at ShopWithScrip and Benefit Mobile - both with 8% rebate)
Forever 21 $25 card (also available as instant e-card at ShopWithScrip-5% rebate and Benefit Mobile-6% rebate)
Southwest $250 card (also available as instant e-card at ShopWithScrip and Benefit Mobile - both with 4% rebate)
- Krispy Kreme is now available to Reload, in addition to $10 physical cards and instant e-cards (both ShopWithScrip and Benefit - 8%)
- Choice Hotels cards are now available to Reload
- Whole Foods has discontinued their participation
Try our secure, convenient online and mobile shopping options!
- Set up a convenient online shopping account at www.ShopWithScrip.com. Contact the TRIP Office for a user name or enrollment code. MyScripWallet is the mobile-optimized version of ShopWithScrip. Log into MyScripWallet.com with your ShopWithScrip log in information to purchase, redeem and manage your reloadable and electronic cards. (PrestoPay payment account set-up required).
- The Benefit Mobile app has added many new vendors and offers frequent bonuses. Get started at https://www.benefit-mobile.com/causes/grand-rapids-christian-schools . (Note that Benefit retailers and rebates differ from those at ShopWithScrip and the TRIP Office).
- Visit the Online Ordering page at eagletrip.org for more details and instructional videos.
NEW 2 You
New 2 You depends on your donations to keep our shelves stocked to make money for YOU, our Grand Rapids Christian School families!
We are in particular need of:
- Dressers and all bedroom furniture items (except mattresses)
- Gently used sofas and upholstered chairs
- Dining room furniture
- Vintage items (we get top dollar for these items!)
- Clothing, shoes and jewelry
Simply drop off your items at the marked donation door at:
2929 29th Street from 10-7 Monday through Saturday.
Can't fit it in your car? We offer free pickup for furniture items on Wednesdays and Thursdays so call 942-2929 or email
Retirement Open Houses
Evergreen Christian School
Please join the Evergreen Community for a Retirement Open House to honor Mrs. Witteveen and Mrs. Haan at Evergreen on Thursday, May 23 from 3:30pm-5:30pm.
Grand Rapids Christian Middle
Congratulations Mrs. VanderLaan!
Mrs. Denise VanderLaan, the middle school Inclusion Coordinator, will be retiring in June after 22 years of teaching. We would love to send her off into retirement by showering her with cards of encouragement and congratulations. Please send or bring your cards to the middle school office, 2036 Chesaning Dr SE, GR, MI 49506. Send your cards by Friday, May 31.
GRCES - IRQ
Please note: Listing of the goods, services, and events here does not constitute the endorsement of the Grand Rapids Christian School
Hanley CRC, located in Grandville, is seeking a part-time high school youth leader starting in the fall of 2019. To request a job description, please contact Cari Wiersema by email:
LaGrave Ave. Christian Reformed Church, a large church in the downtown Heartside area, has an opening for a
(20-25 hours a week) administrative assistant to join our 12+ staff that supports each other and shares camaraderie. Duties include answering phones, greeting members & visitors, maintaining the church calendar/schedule, database and clerical functions. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and computer proficiency necessary. Send inquiries of interest or resumes to: LaGrave Ave. CRC, Attn: Ruth Ringnalda, 107 LaGrave, SE; Grand Rapids, MI, 49503 or email to
Do you enjoy technology? Ms. Frens, would love to explore some technology activities, games and projects with you. Mr. Jorgensen, a Lego League coach, will be joining us to share some FIRST® LEGO® League challenges. The Ada Christian School Technology Camp is for people of all technological skills. Possible activities: coding, robotics, stop motion videos, etc. No matter your skill level, you will have a great time hanging out with the tech team, learning new things and meeting new friends. Snack and games every day! The first 20 who sign up are in!
Please submit the
and turn in funds to the office by June 5. Email Ms. Frens (
) if you have questions.
Dates: June 10-13 from 9:00 - 12:00 pm (Monday-Thursday)
Location: Ada Christian School Middle School Lounge
(pickup and drop off location TBA)
Grades: Students entering grades 3-8
Other GRCS School Home Bulletins
Rockford Christian School
6060 Belding Road, Rockford, MI 49341
Phone: 616.574.6400 Fax: 616.874.9932
Principal - Harry Knol; firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Karla Radius