The Rochester City School District will be providing meals to students at 20 school locations throughout the city while students begin the school year under the remote learning model.
In August, Superintendent Dr. Lesli Myers-Small announced that all RCSD students would begin the school year under a 100% remote learning model for the first ten weeks of the school year. The first day of school for students is Monday, September 14, 2020.
Beginning Wednesday, September 9, grab-and-go breakfast and lunch will be served to RCSD students. Meals will be served between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
- John Williams School No. 5 (555 Plymouth Avenue, 14608)
- Virgil I. Grissom School No. 7 (31 Bryan Street, 14613)
- Roberto Clemente School No. 8 (1180 St. Paul Street, 14621)
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. School No. 9 (485 Clinton Avenue, 14605)
- Anna Murray-Douglass Academy School No. 12 (999 South Avenue, 14620)
- John Walton Spencer School No. 16 (321 Post Avenue, 14619)
- Enrico Fermi School No. 17 (158 Orchard Street, 14611)
- Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19 (465 Seward Street, 14608)
- Henry Hudson School No. 28 (450 Humboldt Street, 14610)
- John James Audubon School No. 33 (500 Webster Avenue, 14609)
- Pinnacle School No. 35 (194 Field Street, 14620)
- Abelard Reynolds School No. 42 (3330 Lake Avenue, 14612)
- Mary McLeod Bethune School No. 45 (1445 Clifford Avenue, 14621)
- Helen Barrett Montgomery School No. 50 (301 Seneca Avenue, 14621)
- Dr. Freddie Thomas Campus (625 Scio Street, 14605)
- Rochester International Academy/Jefferson Campus (1 Edgerton Park, 14608)
- Wilson Foundation Academy (200 Genesee Street, 14611)
- Franklin Campus (950 Norton Street, 14621)
- Monroe High School (164 Alexander Street, 14607)
- Nathaniel Rochester Middle School (85 Adam Street, 14608)
The Rochester City School District would like to thank the American Diary Association, the City of Rochester, Foodlink, and community partners such as Common Ground Health and the Community Foundation for organizing the efforts to feed Rochester children since schools closed in mid-March.