Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) just shared its 2023 RWJF Culture of Health Prize call for applications! This year, RWJF is relaunching the Prize with a focus on celebrating community-led solutions that are breaking down the barriers to health and wellbeing caused by structural racism and other forms of discrimination (even if communities don’t call it that). The Prize will recognize up to 10 communities with an unrestricted $250,000 award and national recognition.
RWJF will award this year’s Prize to selected communities that are:
- Addressing structural racism and other structural injustices to create conditions that advance health equity.
- Committing to sustainable policy, systems, environmental, and cultural changes.
- Working alongside partners across sectors, and elevating the expertise and solutions held by people with firsthand experiences of health inequities.
- Engaging in cultural work that celebrates community and envisions and advances a more just future.
- Making the most of available community resources and fostering sustainability.
- Measuring and sharing qualitative and quantitative indicators of progress in culturally relevant ways.
Click the link above to learn more and apply!
Amgen Health Equity Challenge
Amgen has recently launched a Health Equity Challenge. The Challenge supports community-based, non-profit organizations that are advancing health equity among historically under-represented communities through unique, innovative approaches that demonstrate action, measurability, scalability, and sustainability. The 2023 Health Equity Challenge will focus on increasing the utilization of culturally competent navigation services for Black Americans with cardiovascular disease in Florida. The Challenge will award up to $500,000 in total to eligible nonprofit organizations.
Challenge finalists will be formally announced at the Amgen Health Equity Summit in April 2023! Please reach out to AmgenHealthEquityChallenge@amgen.com with any questions and to submit applications.