Have you ever wished there was an app which let you know if a
business you are visiting is accessible? There is!
about Access Earth,
a new mobility app!
Board Member Spotlight:
Facts about Judy:
- She has been married to Henry Barclay, III, for 49 years, and they have three children, one of whom had a seizure disorder, and six wonderful grandchildren.
- She is a co-founder of Full Life Ahead Foundation.
- She serves FLAF as President Emeritus of the Board.
- She is the co-author of Full Life Ahead: A Workbook and Guide to Adult Life for Students and Families of Students with disAbilities.
- She is a board member of the Alabama Association for Persons in Supported Employment (AL-APSE).
- She is a member of the the Civitan Consumer Advisory Committee and the Jefferson, Blount, St. Clair Human Rights Committee.
- She is a member of the National Association of Professional Women, the Individual and Family Advisory Work Group for Mental Health, and FAST (Family Advocates for Success in Transition) Work Group.
- She served on the National APSE Board for 6 years.
- She is part of the Family Community of Practice Task Force.
- She was recognized in the 2009/2010 Edition of Who's Who in North America.
- She has previously served as a council member on the Alabama Developmental Disabilities Council, as a Family Support Specialist for the Alabama Transition Initiative of the Alabama Department of Education, as the Director of Partners in Policy Making of Alabama, as a Family Liaison and Transition Specialist with the Southeast Regional Resource Center (SERRC), and as a school teacher.
- Judy attended Auburn University, and graduated from The University of Alabama.
The Adult Down Syndrome Primary Care Clinic is for adults with Down syndrome - ages 18 and above with a focus on transitioning from pediatric to adult care, well-being during adulthood and quality of life in aging.
Conveniently located at Trinity Medical Clinic in Irondale.
Medicaid, Medicare and most insurance accepted.
For an appointment call 205-592-1406.
Congratulations to Stephanie Miner for her recent graduation from
Calhoun Community College in Decatur!
Congratulations to Ryan Alford for being the recipient of the
Arc of Tuscaloosa's 2016
Stephanie and Ryan, you ROCK!
2017 NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship
Thanks to a generous contribution from
the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is proud offer eight (8) NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarships in 2017.
The NBCUniversal Tony Coelho Media Scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities who are pursuing an interest in the media, entertainment, or communications fields. Each recipient will receive $5,625 to help cover the cost of education.
DEADLINE: June 19, 2017 | 5pm ET
Wishing you and yours a Full Life Ahead,
The Full Life Ahead Foundation
If you have information, an event, a worksh
op, a resource or anything else that you would like to share in our e-newsletter, please email
The purpose of The Full Life Ahead Foundation is to positively impact the lives of individuals with disAbilities and their families by helping them create hope, encourage dreams, set expectations a
nd establish an action plan to achieve the fullest possible adult life. We desire to offer every individual the opportunity to be a productive, contributing member of their community.