The Full Life Ahead Foundation's E-Newsletter
Blog Post by Katherine Carol
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."- Forrest Gump
Valentine's Day and chocolates go hand and hand, like peas and carrots
Remember when you were a child, Valentine's Day was a big deal. Boxes of chocolate were affectionately given from grandparents, parents, and friends at school...
- Respite resource information and referrals for caregivers
- Education, training and public awareness
- State, local and federal advocacy
- Technical assistance in starting new programs including volunteer training
- Sharing the Care (STC) Community Initiatives
- Voucher Respite Services
- www.alabamarespite.org - Alabama Respite's website offers information for caregivers and service providers wishing to learn more about our activities and programs. The website hosts an interactive database of agencies that provide respite services specific to Alabama's counties.
- 866-RESTALA (866-737-8252) is Alabama Respite's toll free number for easy access for caregivers and providers seeking additional information.
- The staff is available to provide information and education through presentations to conferences, groups, organizations, churches and agencies that serve family caregivers. Staff is also available to volunteer train respite providers. Alabama Respite staff may be contacted at email@example.com.
Pics from our February Family Weekend are up!
You'll want to take a look at all the fun things the weekend held for our families in this album!
Our next Family Weekend is June 29 - July 1, 2018!
It fills up FAST, so you'll want to register quickly! Keep an eye out for the OPEN REGISTRATION announcement in our eNews!
- Every Thursday Evening - The Full Life Ahead small group will be meeting during the spring semester (January 28-April 28). For more info, contact Tammy Moore. (TammyMoore@FullLifeAhead.org)
- February 23, 2018 - The 17th Annual Alabama Autism Conference will be held at the Bryant Conference Center in Tuscaloosa, Alabama on February 23, 2018. Register here.
- March 2, 2018 - Transition Hot Topics in Trussville, AL, presented by Central Alabama Transition Team. Sign up online here to reserve your spot. Contact Tammy Lee for details: 205-228-4028
- March 10, 2018 - Birmingham Parent's Special Needs Expo, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Exceptional Foundation in Homewood, AL. It is a free, day-long exhibition where families can learn about products, support groups, recreational activities,healthcare, therapy, and many other services for children and adults with special needs and have a little fun, too.
- June 29 - July 1, 2018 - Full Life Ahead Family Weekend - Registration opening TBA.
Did you know?
There are many ways you can give to Full Life Ahead! Give through traditional donations or legacy giving
OR give without spending a dime by participating in
You can now give recurring gifts to the Full Life Ahead Foundation? Find out more here.
Wishing you and yours a Full Life Ahead,
The Full Life Ahead Foundation
If you have information, an event, a worksh
op, a resource or anything else that you would like to share in our e-newsletter, please email
The purpose of The Full Life Ahead Foundation is to positively impact the lives of individuals with disAbilities and their families by helping them create hope, encourage dreams, set expectations a
nd establish an action plan to achieve the fullest possible adult life. We desire to offer every individual the opportunity to be a productive, contributing member of their community.