Storytelling for Parents Children with disAbilities
, Part 1
We all have a story to tell - learn more about storytelling in Katherine's latest
Want to share your story?
Ebony and Ashley of the blog
Friends on Wheelz
are looking for individuals with disAbilities who want to share their story with others! If you would like to inspire others with your story, let them know!
Board Member Spotlight:
Facts about Jan:
- She is a founder of Full Life Ahead Foundation, and serves the board as Treasurer.
- She is the parent of a child with a developmental disAbility and her desire to encourage others and share her story led her to partner with Judy Barclay in creating the Full Life Ahead: A Workbook and Guide to Adult Life.
- She has trained parents and professionals all over the country.
- She is a graduate of Samford University in Art and Piano and taught private piano and kindergarten music for many years before embarking on a 20-year sales career.
- She has been a National Sales Trainer and a local television host.
- She now works as Buyer for the Gift Shop in their family-owned Crestline Pharmacy.
- She has worked as part of the Transition Initiative for the Alabama Department of Education and as a consultant to the Southeast Regional Resource Center (SERRC).
- She is a leader in Bible Study Fellowship International, is active in her church & community and spent many years in leadership with the Jefferson County Pharmacy Auxiliary.
- She serves as an Event Chair for the Legacy League at Samford University and has served on the Dean's Executive Council for the Department of Education there.
- She and her husband, Mike, have been married for 45 years and have three daughters, two son-in-laws and five grandchildren. Their youngest granddaughter,who has a P-9 Chromosome Deletion, is happily growing and developing just as her brother and sisters.
You'll want to check out these fun pictures from our June 2017 Family Weekend!
for being awarded the Personal Acheivement Award at the June Al-APSE Conference!
Wishing you and yours a Full Life Ahead,
The Full Life Ahead Foundation
If you have information, an event, a worksh
op, a resource or anything else that you would like to share in our e-newsletter, please email
The purpose of The Full Life Ahead Foundation is to positively impact the lives of individuals with disAbilities and their families by helping them create hope, encourage dreams, set expectations a
nd establish an action plan to achieve the fullest possible adult life. We desire to offer every individual the opportunity to be a productive, contributing member of their community.