Let’s talk about hygiene... sleep hygiene that is!
Sleep hygiene is known as the behaviors and habits that you create to help get quality bedtime sleep. Sleep is an essential part of our lives and can impact our health and overall wellness. It plays a crucial role in our nutritional choices, exercise routines, and stress levels which can then affect our health, careers and relationships. Sleep deficits are linked to depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes. So, what can you do to make sure you are in for a restful night sleep? Here are a few tips!
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night
- Maintain regular sleep and wake hours
- Set an environment that promotes relaxation. e.g. nature sounds, dark room,
essential oil diffuser
- Exercise daily – even a 10-15 min walk can be beneficial
- Refrain from caffeine within 6 hours of bed
- Refrain from blue-light emitting screens prior to bed