Journal when it feels right to you—the benefits are worth it
"Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for."
The best time to start a gratitude journal is now! There are so many incredible, mental benefits associated with journaling; bottom line...gratitude makes us healthier so why not give it a try?
Tips for Gratitude Journaling
• Find a quiet and peaceful place where you can write and reflect.
• Find a journaling method that works for you; can be typed or written.
• Find a framework that works: choosing a paragraph format or a written list, this can
• Commit to a schedule, it is best to aim for once a day or a few times a week around
the same time.
• Gratitude journaling proves to be most powerful if you write about 3 items at the end
of each day.
• Be creative!
Benefits of Journaling:
• Lower stress levels.
• Feel calmer at night.
• Helps you focus on what really matters.
• Gain new perspective on what is important to you and what you truly appreciate in your life.
• Helps your become more self- aware.
• Gain clarity on what you want more in your life and what you can cut out from your life.
• Creates a ‘safe zone’ for you to write freely without judgment.
• When you are feeling down, reflecting back on your journal can help re-adjust your attitude and help you remember the great things you have in your life.