REMINDER: SEVERAL STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES!
Wave Learning is offering free tutoring sessions from college students on all subjects, speaker events from influencers like Ruta Sepetys and organizations like MEDLIFE, and career & college apps workshops, in addition to the seminars that they are continuing from this summer. Students-- check them out at wavelf.org! Tutoring begins 10/5.
Sports at Central High School
A select number of fall sports have been approved for Central High School. TAPA 9th-12th graders are allowed to pursue these (e-mail email@example.com).
The approved sports are:
- Girls Tennis
- Boys & Girls Cross Country
- Boys & Girls Soccer
Tryouts started last week. Everything will be held outdoors. Tennis will be at the Classical tennis courts. All other teams will be using the PCTA Fields.
For safety, there is no locker room use and the field will be receiving a porta potty for bathroom use. Athletes will need a completely filled out sports packet, copy of their sports physical, and a copy of their medical insurance card (a picture of the insurance card would be ok).
National XQ Student Advisory
Each XQ School (which includes TAPA!) is looking to send 1-3 students to be part of the National XQ Student Advisory. This is a really great opportunity to work with students across the country, in a weekly meeting setting to do the following:
- Work alongside XQ on real-world projects, bringing student ideas to the forefront.
- Get to hear from exclusive speakers around topics students care about, like climate change, voting rights, mental health, and more.
- Gain mentorship to help you navigate through high school into adulthood.
- Use your passions to make change for students across the country.
This is a really great opportunity to amplify student voices!!