Ms. Plonsky’s MSCR Girl’s Group cooking class reaped the benefit of our school partnerships with Westminster Presbyterian Church and the Food for Thought Initiative, who provided all the food and materials for cooking homemade meals. The girls got to take all the kitchen equipment home to keep with their dinner meal all prepped for their families that night, including brand new Crock-Pots, cutting boards, kitchen utensils, and more. All foods featured are available in our food pantry for any CHMS family to access! Extra special thanks to Beth Bookland from Food for Thought, Pamela Wison from Westminster Presbyterian, the MSCR inclusion specialists, and Ms. Plonsky and Ms. Jensen for organizing and hosting this fantastic event!
Important Events and Dates
Important March Dates:
Mar. 1 - No School for Students - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Mar. 4 - Early release day for students, 1:47 Dismissal
Mar. 5 - Free Spanish Class, 6-8pm in Room 131
Mar. 6 - CHMS Restaurant Night at Liliana's in Fitchburg 4-8pm
Mar. 8 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Discovery Center in Milwaukee, ITA Applications DUE
Mar. 11 - Early release day for students, 1:47 Dismissal, PEOPLE Program Applications DUE
Mar. 12 - Free Spanish Class, 6-8pm in Room 131
Mar. 15 - 7th Grade Field Trip to Overture Center
Mar. 18 - Regular School Day (Formerly a Staff Only Day) 2:47 Dismissal
Mar. 19 - Free Spanish Class, 6-8pm in Room 131
Mar. 20 - CHMS Restaurant Night at Ians Pizza on Frances St. 5-10pm
Mar. 22 - 7th Grade AVID Field Trip to UW Madison
Mar. 25-29 - No School for Students & Staff - Spring Break
- PEOPLE (
Precollege Enrichment Opportunity Program for Learning Excellence) applications are due March 11. PEOPLE's mission is to
PREPARE STUDENTS FOR COLLEGE.
When students enroll in 8th grade, they are assigned a Precollege Advisor. The Precollege Advisor works in partnership with the student, guiding them to successful high school graduation and completion of the precollege program. 94% of precollege students who complete our program enroll in higher education. We aim to help students be attractive to UW-System Institutions, helping them to receive college admissions offers. The precollege program works with students to build competency in four areas:
- Build and Master Academic Knowledge
- Build Cognitive Skills and Strategies
- Build Self-Management Skills
- Build Knowledge about College through Experiential Learning
Successful enrollment in UW-Madison leads to a four-year tuition scholarship
. Check the
for more information!
ITA Program -
The UW-Madison Information Technology (
ITA) program seeks diverse students with academic potential, technology interest, and a willingness to commit to the program. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to be eligible to apply to ITA. Eighth-grade students planning to attend a Madison Metropolitan School District public high school are invited to apply to the
program. Please note that students cannot participate in ITA and the high school PEOPLE program at the same time. Students currently in the PEOPLE program must complete their middle school PEOPLE program requirements before beginning ITA the summer before ninth grade.
Successful enrollment in UW-Madison leads a four-year tuition scholarship.
for more information on applying!
6th-8th grade dance opportunity at Madison West -
The Madison West Dance Team is offering an extra special opportunity to perform with our team in our Spring Showcase on April 18th!! All 6th - 8th graders with an interest in dance are welcome, here's what it would entail:
- On Tuesday April 9th we will hold a free clinic from 4-7 at Madison West to learn some basic dance skills and the dance they will perform !! Even if you don't plan to participate in the showcase we'd love to have you join us for this portion.
- On Saturday, April 13th we are going to hold a dress rehearsal for the showcase, we would ask that anyone performing with us would attend but you will not need to stay for the duration. Practice will likely be held in the morning.
- Thursday, April 18th you will need to be at Madison West no later than 6pm. We will do a final review of the lineup for the showcase and then the performance will begin at 7pm. We anticipate for it to be no more than an hour. After your performance you can join the audience for the rest of the show!!
Please let us know via Coach Jen's contact information below if you can join us and include the following information:
- School you attend
We really hope you will join us and please gather your friends as well, it's going to be a fabulous evening with a lot of great performances. Hope to see you on the 9th!!
Coach Jen Bootz