May 29, 2020
Dear Lakehill seniors and families,
Commencement for the Class of 2020 will be held on the field at the Roger L. Perry Campus (7401 Ferguson Road, Dallas, 75228) on Saturday, June 6, at 10:00 a.m. We are excited to see everyone and to celebrate the great accomplishments of our seniors.
An in-person graduation ceremony is extremely important to us and we are happy to be able to hold this for our students and families. In order to stay within the guidelines set out by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) with regard to in-person ceremonies, we ask that everyone adhere to the following guidelines.
- Each student may have four (4) family members attend the ceremony. We will be streaming the ceremony on Instagram Stories and Facebook Live so that anyone who is unable to attend the ceremony can watch and celebrate with us. The ceremony will also be recorded, with each family receiving a DVD copy.
- All attendees are asked to wear masks for the entire time you are on the RLP campus.
- Each family will be assigned a specific arrival time and parking space. This will help us ensure that social distancing is observed at all times.
(See Parking document.)
- Prior to each family being seated, all attendees will be asked the health screening questions (See Health Screening Questionnaire.) We will have three healthcare workers on site for the screening.
- Each family will have assigned seating in the bleachers at the football field, with families seated together, six feet away from other guests. If you have fewer than four guests, unfortunately you may not give away your "spaces" to someone else as they are for your household or family only.
(See Family Seating document.)
- Families will be ushered to the seating area by a school official.
- After the ceremony, families will be ushered out. Families will exit from the top of the bleachers. A school official will release each group separately so that we can maintain social distancing.
For the students, please follow these directions.
- Arrive with your family at the assigned arrival time.
- Come dressed in your regalia. We will be collecting the regalia after the ceremony, so please dress appropriately under your graduation robe.
- Upon arrival, report to Ms. Dondis and Ms. Herta at the scoreboard end of the field.
- Students will exchange their masks for a special one to wear for the commencement ceremony.
- Ms. Dondis and Ms. Herta will have the graduates line up, allowing for social distancing at all times.
- Students will process in and be seated in assigned chairs all six feet apart.
(See Graduation Student Diagram.)
- Students will wear masks at all times with the exception of when they cross the stage to receive their diplomas.
- Each student will cross the stage to be acknowledged as a graduate of Lakehill Preparatory School.
- Students will pick up their diplomas off of a table on the stage. They will then move their tassel and have a photo taken.
- As they come off of the stage, each student will be given another mask to wear for the remainder of the ceremony.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, the students will recess out. As they are leaving the field, each student will deposit the robe, stole, and cords in a bin.
- After leaving the field, students will meet their families at their assigned parking space.
Again, we are so excited and happy to hold an in-person commencement ceremony for these incredible students and their families. We are working diligently to provide a safe venue and provide for the appropriate social distancing needed in our current environment.
We appreciate your support of these students and of the school. Thank you for adhering to the guidelines above in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out at any time. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, June 6, for a wonderful time of honor for our seniors.
Best wishes and see you soon,