AG Customer Service Center:
Background checks, concealed carry, lobby protocols
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT STATE AND NATIONAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
We have a new TEMPORARY check-in process for IN-PERSON transactions at the Office of Attorney General Customer Service Center in Cranston.
- All individuals seeking in-person background checks should come in person to the Attorney General Customer Service Center at 4 Howard Avenue in Cranston (located in the Pastore Center).
- Upon arrival at the customer service center, you will see signs in the parking area providing directions for registration. Checking in reserves your spot in a virtual line. The customer service center is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- We will notify you via text when to come inside for your background check. Please do not enter the lobby until you are notified.
- Customer service center staff will notify you via text message when to come inside for your transaction. Please do not enter the lobby until you are notified.
- We are only accepting credit and debit cards at this time (fees apply).
Individuals without access to the internet should call 401-274-4400 and select option 2.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us keep everyone safe and healthy during this time.
License to carry concealed weapon permits:
Applications/renewals will continue to be accepted by mail only
- Applications will be processed, however, permit cards will not be available for pickup at this time. A temporary paper permit will be mailed for use until normal BCI operations resume.
Thank you for cooperating with these guidelines. If you plan to visit our customer service center, please follow these recommendations:
- Take advantage of using hand sanitizer, available at our customer service windows, before conducting any transaction.
- Use a credit card for any transaction to limit the amount of hand-to-hand contact. BCI will not be accepting checks or money orders during this emergency.
- We have a large lobby area. Keep at least six feet of space between fellow customers and do not crowd.
Thank you for cooperating with these guidelines.