May 16, 2019
Dates to Note
- May 6-24 - IB Senior Exams (see schedule below)
- Wed., May 22 - RIBLI General Assembly Meeting, 6p
- May 24-31 - RIBLI Barnes & Noble Bookfair
- Fri., May 24 - Semester 2 Exams, IB Blocks 11 & 21 (full school day)
- Mon., May 27 - Memorial Day - No School
- Tue., May 28 - Semester 2 Exams, IB Blocks 12 & 22, Early Release 12:40p
- Wed., May 29 - Class of 2019 Graduation!
- Wed., May 29 - No Exams, Early Release 10:30a
- Thu., May 30 - Semester 2 Exams, IB Blocks 13 & 23, Early Release 12:40p
- Fri., May 31 - Semester 2 Exams, IB Blocks 14 & 24, Early Release 12:40p
Please check the
for updates, A/B schedule and
other dates to note.
RIBLI General Assembly Meeting
May 22, 6:00p
All RIBLI Members are invited to attend the General Assembly meeting on Wed., May 22 beginning at 6:00p in the RHS Media Center.
Freshman Biology EOC Review
This Friday - 3:30-5:30p
Ms. Sandford will be leading a Biology EOC review after school this Friday, May 17 from 3:30-5:30p in Room 130. This is a great way for our 9th graders to prepared for the upcoming EOC next week!
NOTICE: Mr. Johnson and Mrs. George Off-Campus
From May 7st - 24th, Mr. Johnson and Mrs. George will be proctoring IB Examinations with the IB Class of 2019 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church. During this time they will have limited access to email, but that will be the best way to reach them. Please understand that there may be a delay in response.
Because of testing, they will only be on campus sporadically during this three week time-frame. In an emergency, please contact Mrs. Sallis at 272-3006 x 234 and she will direct your call appropriately. During this period, Mrs. Amanda Batista, Assistant Principal for Student Affairs, will be assisting with any pressing IB curriculum issues, that cannot be addressed via email. She can be reach at 272-3006 x 224.
Thank you for your understanding as the Class of 2019 take their prestigious IB examinations.
IB Senior Exams & AP Exams Schedule
We are quickly nearing the end of another school year. AP Exams began May 6 and IB Senior's Exams began May 7!
Volunteers Needed During IB Senior Exams
Our IB Seniors will be sitting for their final IB Exams between May 7 and May 24, which is the culmination of their years of hard work in the IB program. IB Exams are g
iven off-site at St. Patrick's Church. Volunteers are needed to monitor the room where students drop off their backpacks, lunches, and congregate before and after their exams. Having a parent monitor the holding room ensures a smooth exam process and provides peace of mind for our students. Volunteers may bring work or reading materials during their volunteer time.
We are also asking for help providing some snacks and bottled water on the dates when there are morning and afternoon IB Exams scheduled. If you can help with these, please sign up
Parent volunteers from any grade level are encouraged to signup to assist. This is a great way to learn more about the IB Exam process prior to your student's senior year!
There are still slots unfilled for May 20-25!
Thank you for your help supporting our IB Seniors!
IB Final Exam Schedule
- Friday, May 24th - Blocks 11 & 21 (full day of school)
- Tuesday, May 28th - Blocks 12 & 22
- Thursday, May 30th - Blocks 13 & 23
- Friday, May 31st - Blocks 14 & 24
Students taking a traditional elective exam will receive a form to fill out with their traditional teacher in the coming weeks. Students should plan to sit for that exam during their JA period in which they normally attend that class.
Tutoring and Review Assistance
Robinson students looking for additional academic help have a number of options!
ZAP Free Lunchtime Tutoring
In addition to the many after school tutoring options, Robinson is now holding
FREE lunchtime tutoring sessions for students during all 3 lunches. Students should ask their teacher for a
(Zeros Aren't Permissible), where they can go to the cafeteria, get their lunch fast, and then zoom over to their tutor's room where they can have individual or small group attention in needed areas.
ELP Free After School Tutoring
FREE after school Extended Learning (ELP) tutoring is still available in a most subjects. Click this link f
or a list of ELP tutoring subjects, teachers, dates and times:
ELP After School Tutoring Schedule
Peer Konnect is a software program that allows students to tutor and learn from their peers. RHS students are paired up with other students to get extra help on their coursework, or even earn community service by becoming a tutor themselves! Click here to sign up:
TELP Users: Important Notice!
The district has informed us that
the final day for TELP will be May 24th
Please make arrangements accordingly.
Robinson IB Parent Link (RIBLI)
RIBLI is the parent organization at Robinson High School that supports the IB program, its students, teachers and parents.
Solely through our IB family dues and support, RIBLI provides:
- Resources for RHS IB Classrooms through Grants to IB Teachers and Staff, including software that supports the IB Curriculum and IB Exams
- The weekly RIBLI E-News, published from August to May
- The RIBLI website
- The RHS IB Student Directory which includes all IB Students. RIBLI members an access online or it can be printed.
- RHS IB Events (IB Pinning Ceremony for our Juniors, an Open House for Families interested in Robinson IB, student orientations, social events and a celebration for our Seniors.)
- Planners for incoming 9th graders
- Pins for the Junior IB Pinning
- IB Graduation Stoles for Seniors & supplies for all other events.
- Volunteer support for Senior IB Exams
Barnes & Noble Book Fair Coming Soon
The Barnes & Noble Book Fair will be
May 24-31 online, and
May 26-30 in-store. More info (like the code to use online and the IB summer reading lists) will be available as the date approaches.
NEW for the 2019-20 school year, we will be adding a "Fall" Book Fair so students can buy all their reading materials for the school year and Robinson will benefit. Those dates will be August 9-16 online, and August 9-14 in-store. Save the Date!
IB Bookfair proceeds will be used to purchase required IB reading materials for students in need of assistance or for IB teacher reading materials.
Summer Service Opportunity
2019 Warrior Games
The U.S. Special Operations Command will host the 2019 DOD Warrior Games
Tampa FL. The athletes will represent t
he United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Special Operations Command. Athletes from the United Kingdom Armed Forces, Australian Defence Force, Canadian Armed Forces, Armed Forces of the Netherlands, and the Danish Armed Forces will also compete.
Teams will include active duty service members and veterans with upper-body, lower body spinal cord injuries; traumatic brain injuries; visual impairments; serious illnesses; and post-traumatic stress. They will go head-to-head in 11 sports including archery, cycling, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, track and field, wheelchair basketball, indoor rowing, power lifting and time trial cycling.
Mrs. George has pre-approved volunteering with the Warrior Games for IB Service Credit.
Volunteers may assist with set up, break down, managing of athletes, and spectator directions.
The dates for the 2019 DOD Warrior Games start on June 21 and end June 30, 2019. There are various volunteer shifts at different venues depending on the event for that day. Volunteers (must be 14 years old or over to participate) will register and select the volunteer dates, shift times, and interests. After registration, you will be contacted by email closer to the event date to confirm your signup days and times.
Support the RHS Foundation through AmazonSmile
We all love the convenience of purchasing products online. If you use Amazon for some of your purchases, please consider using AmazonSmile and helping support Robinson High School by designating the
RHS Foundation as your preferred charity. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible smile.amazon.com purchases.
To add or
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- Go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page (usually top left), scroll down and select YourAmazonSmile (usually above logout), and then select the option to Change your Charity.
- Type Robinson High School Foundation into the Pick Your Own Charitable Organization search bar, then click Select.
- You can also find RHS Foundation directly by clicking this link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-2287514
RIBLI Support for Students
RIBLI provides financial support for students in need of assistance to purchase school books or supplies, to pay fees, or obtain necessary equipment to participate in sports and other extracurricular activities, or to complete summer assignments.
To submit a confidential request for financial support from RIBLI, email