Dear CHC Clients and Friends,
As we continue this unexpected journey together, please know that your hearing and communication needs are very much on our minds.
Every weekday, CHC clinicians are providing services and tech support by telephone, email and videoconferencing to make sure our clients can hear and connect with friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Hear and Connect
newsletter, we're reaching out each week to provide blog posts, videos and other resources to ensure you have tech solutions you can apply at home, tips to help your child get the most out of remote learning, and advice on how to care for your emotional self.
We're pleased to announce our first webinar, April 22nd, dedicated to
Remote Learning Tips: Middle and High School
for parents of students with hearing loss. Stay tuned as we announce our complete schedule of upcoming virtual learning sessions and, as always, please let us know if you have topics you'd like for us to address.
When viewing the videos highlighted below, remember to enable captions using the cc button available on YouTube. Also, it may be necessary to enable closed captions within settings for the device you are using.
- Webinar: Remote Learning (Middle/High School). Parents are invited to join CHC experts April 22 at 7:30 p.m. in an informational session on academic support services, assistive listening technology and captioning for videoconferencing. Captions provided. RSVP.
- Video (ASL): Take control of your online learning. Janick Hickman of CHC-FL calls our attention to a video by the National Deaf Center. View.
- Video: Student shares remote learning tips. Audiologist Michele DiStefano conducts Q&A with a teen with hearing loss. View.
- Video (ASL): Teacher Talk. Melissa Kelly and Lauren Thilbert, deaf and HOH teachers, answer parents' most pressing questions. View.
Adult Hearing Needs
- Zoom and captioning with InnoCaption+ app. Carolyn Stern describes this helpful method for captioning Zoom meetings. Read.
- Video: CHC's hearing aid tip of the day. Audiologist Ellen Lafargue offers surprising solutions to common hearing aid battery issues. View.
- Gaining a sense of control in difficult times. Emotional health counselor Jeff Wax offers techniques to help calm our fears. Read.
Please don't hesitate to contact your clinician about any need you might have related to services or information. Contact our NY office at 917-305-7700 and Florida at 954-601-1930. Please leave a message and we will get back to you promptly.
to send us an email.
More than ever, we're committed to helping you hear and connect!
Laurie Hanin, Executive Director