Eager to learn about the pressures that are unique to being a girl today?
Curious about how you can help girls navigate these challenges and grow resilience and confidence?
Laguna Blanca is proud to present this parent education talk, “Raising Resilient Girls,” which focuses on practical, actionable advice that can be used at home to help support your daughter.
The evening will include a 90-minute presentation covering the following:
- The importance of differentiating between boys' and girls' social, emotional, and developmental needs.
- The challenges girls face these days: how over sexualization at an earlier age is leading to girls learning that their identity is tied to external worth versus internal worth; how skinniness is often equated to happiness and confidence leading to an unhealthy body image; the rise of "BFF" and how this gives girls an unrealistic expectation of friendship.
- How girls react differently than boys when they are upset and the "Good Girl Rules."
- How Emotional Intelligence builds confidence, leadership skills, and a girl's "internal resume."
- Concrete steps parents can take to help build their daughter's emotional intelligence & resiliency.
A 30 minute Q & A will close the evening.