In an effort to encourage overall fund development for nonprofit businesses in Southwest Florida by including planned gifts alongside annual fundraising and capital campaigns, Cape Coral Community Foundation, also referred to as Cape Foundation, launched the Nonprofit Members Program in September 2016.
Valerie's House, through the leadership of President & CEO, Angela Melvin, was the first to join the program. The program is designed to encourage nonprofit business leaders to find innovative ways to grow their organizations.
In the program, Cape Foundation provides a wide array of services to nonprofit businesses and donors. Each nonprofit business participating in the program gains services including:
- Administrative "Help Desk"
- "Help Desk" for donors
- Appointment with donors
- Annual customized meeting for each nonprofit business
- Group seminars for donors
- Monthly networking sessions and educational programs
- Promotional privileges in Cape Foundation newsletter (10,000 subscribers)
- Board and volunteer training opportunities
- Fundraising introductions to donors and foundations
We are pleased to announce that Valerie's House will receive a third grant from the Cape Foundation for an undisclosed amount from an anonymous donor.
The Cape Foundation invites new nonprofit leaders to be part of the success!