Tuesday, March 17, 2020
To: ACEC California Members
Re: Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The health of ACEC California’s employees and members is at the forefront of our policies and guidelines, and as such, ACEC California is continuously addressing the COVID-19 outbreak. We are monitoring local, state and federal health officials to obtain additional information to guide us through this process.
To this end, we are taking the following steps:
- Our Legislative Visit Day (LVD) scheduled for May 20, 2020 has been canceled. We are extremely grateful to those of you who have already registered or sponsored the event. Our Accounting Manager, Holly Cole, will reach out to provide refunds, or you may reach her at email@example.com. Our LVD for next year will be scheduled for May 12, 2021, where we hope to partner with APWA and ASCE, as we had planned for this year. Stay tuned for further details about how we will conduct our May 2020 quarterly Board Meeting.
- We request that our ACEC California Committees and Chapters hold all meetings and events via virtual mechanisms and cancel any in-person meetings until further notice. Many of our Chapters and Committees have already taken these steps.
- Our ACEC California website has a landing page directing members to the ACEC California Facebook page where we have set up a site (COVID-19 Response Forum) for firms to share what they are doing in response to the pandemic. It is up to your firm to post and remove whatever you would like to share. ACEC California staff will not vet the information.
- In accordance with government guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, our ACEC California staff has implemented a schedule to increase social distancing. A skeleton staff is at the office and most staff are working remotely. We will reassess as the situation develops. If you wish to reach staff, click here for a staff directory.
- ACEC National is also aggressively evaluating the impacts of the pandemic on our industry. They have begun to conduct surveys among member firms of their responses and procedures for addressing the business challenges and will share their findings in a series of webinars and postings on their social media sites later this week. You can click here for access to their Coronavirus Resource Center. Additionally, our advocates at ACEC National are actively working with congress to address the language in the “Families H.R. 6021, the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act”. More information can be found here.
Below are some links to COVID-19 Information
Thank you for your understanding. Take care of yourself, your family, and your community. We look forward to a strong recovery as soon as we get through this crisis.
ACEC California President