Job Title: Worship Leader
Location: First Baptist Church Gatesville, Texas
First Baptist Church of Gatesville is a 160+ year old body of believers with the vision of being a biblical, healthy, vibrant, and growing church. We are a Christ-centered, Bible-based, Mission-driven church looking for our next worship leader to lead a blended worship service that enables the congregation to worship biblically and experience God’s presence.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Description: In coordination with the Senior Pastor, the worship leader will select songs, scripture, and volunteers to help the church engage in worship as we gather together on a weekly basis. Lead the worship team in preparation for Sunday with a weekly rehearsal.
Key duties include:
· Lead Sunday morning worship services as well as other special services (Christmas Eve Candlelight, Good Friday, etc.) and support youth/children worship events as needed.
· Build the necessary team of musicians and vocalists to facilitate worship services and weekly rehearsals.
· Create an environment of unity and prayer within the worship team.
· Direct and conduct all of the weekly rehearsals and services in a timely manner.
· Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor to plan worship services.
· Introduce new worship music, periodically, that is theologically sound to expand our worship experience.
· Minimum expected hours to perform duties will be between 10-15 hours per week (this includes preparation for and conducting worship services, recruiting, rehearsals, etc.).
Our Ideal candidate is someone who:
· Demonstrates a real and mature relationship with Jesus Christ
· Has a defined theology of worship.
· Has the ability, under the direction of and in coordination with the Senior Pastor, to oversee and lead the music ministry at FBCG.
· Has the ability to create, coordinate, and lead a worship team consisting of vocalists, instrumentalists, sound, and media with personal proficiency in voice and an instrument (piano or guitar is preferred).
· Is comfortable working independently and without constant supervision.
· Agrees with the doctrinal beliefs of FBCG and the Baptist Faith and Message.
· Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as the church grows.
· Is dependable – more reliable than spontaneous.
· Is people-oriented and enjoys building relationships with believers and nonbelievers.
· Will become an active member of FBCG with a heart for discipleship.
What is expected:
· To serve as an advocate of the mission and vision of First Baptist Church Gatesville.
· To assist in the overall leadership of the church, ensuring all aspects of the music ministry are executed with excellence.
· To be ready and willing to serve and help in various areas within the church.
Additional preferences include:
· Experience with Planning Center, Pro-Presenter, Click Tracks, as well as Sound and Media Equipment
· Knowledge of CCLI and Song Select.