As the largest private owner of timberlands in North America, we have remained steadfast in Frederick Weyerhaeuser’s lasting commitment to the land and industry with our sustainably managed natural resources, wood products mills and real estate holdings. In 2010, Weyerhaeuser converted to a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). Our REIT structure allows us to successfully manage our diverse asset base and offer continuing stability in the marketplace.
Since 2010, Weyerhaeuser:
- has become one of the largest REITs in the nation valued at $20 billion and roughly three times the size of all the other timber REITs combined in terms of market capitalization;*
- has invested nearly $550 million in sustainable operational excellence improvements; and
- is the only North American forestry or wood products company on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices.
So what does that mean to you, a potential partner at one of our readied industry sites? Here’s how our REIT benefits your bottom line:
1. WE WORK IN DECADES, NOT MINUTES.
With a history in timber production, we know good things take time. We want to make real estate and development decisions good for the land, right for the community and the state, and to also ultimately benefit our business partners. And the same is true for our approach to economic development. Most importantly, we are patient. We know your location decision is not one that happens overnight; many projects taking years to develop, plan and announce. We are your long-term partner in making the best location and expansion decision.
2. OUR UPFRONT INVESTMENT POSITIVELY IMPACTS YOUR BOTTOM LINE.
From our due diligence to engineering, and from our environmental analysis to land planning, our site preparation minimizes your costs and risk by removing the unknown with many of our properties holding site certifications.
WE BELIEVE IN TAKING THE BEST OPPORTUNITY, NOT THE FIRST.
We look for the right long-term investment for our land. The same due diligence we take on a site is the same approach we take in siting businesses within our locations. We want to make sure your business is surrounded by industries suitable and compatible with your operations, while also complementing the community.