Webinars within our industry have abounded during this shutdown. You can find one on every issue and all of them are with good intentions. During this period for those clubs that were able to remain open, the demand has been sometimes overwhelming and the relationships between the members and the club has become much stronger. The club is the safe haven for the members and their family that will be forever appreciated.
Now more and more clubs are re-opening. We have only one chance to get it right on re-opening. Greet the challenges thoroughly, be transparent, and most of all demonstrate the love and care for the staff and members through safety measures and following the guidelines. Here We Go!
Terry Clark, CCM, Manager
Some interesting notes from the webinars?
- 44% of all golf courses remained open
- 87% of all golfers carry a smart phone - expand texting media
- Some clubs have exceeded their ala carte budgets through "Take Outs"
- Opportunities for pantry support to members is great
- "Take Outs" may become a favorite at many clubs
- Golf will experience a "V" recovery
- Capabilities of Technology supports social distancing
- Single Rider Carts will be in greater demand
- Need to "Supercharge" the re-opening; Do it Right; Optics Count