There's another change coming with the new catalogue too: newly designed ink cases and inks.
The case’s manufacturing mold was about to expire. We can only use a mold a limited number of times before we need to replace it, so Stampin' Up! had to decide if they wanted to order more of the same molds or try to improve the design. The decision was made to improve it!
Stampin' Up! also wanted to align the updated case with the color revamp and improvements to our ink. In addition, these changes were timed with Stampin’ Up!’s rebranding and packaging updates. This way, stampers and demonstrators only need to invest in the changes once.
So what's BETTER about the new ink cases?
- For a start, they're less confusing to open. Opening the new ink pad case is now more simple and intuitive—just insert your thumb in the “lip” at the front of the case and lift it to open.
- Have a tighter fit between the lid and the base. With the new design, the lid doesn’t accidentally become disconnected which was a common problem with the old case style. With use, the lid will be easier to slide open and close.
- Stackable.The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport. We designed a nub in each bottom corner that fits nicely into the “dimple” on the top of another case.
IS THE INK DIFFERENT?
Since the cases were improved, Stampin' Up! decided to make improvements to the ink as well!
Stampin' Up! has added defoamer to the ink ingredients because we noticed that our old ink would sometimes bubble (especially on new pads and with lighter colors). When this happened, the ink wasn’t as even and smooth when stamped as we’d like to see it.
The added defoamer will
- Reduce ink bubbles
- Help you get an even coating of ink on the stamp
- Help the stamped image have a smoother, solid look
Another change we made is that Archival ink will no longer be part of our ink offering. Basic Gray will now be offered in Classic ink. Your best options for black ink are the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad and the Jet Black StāzOn Pad.
So there you go! Lots of changes but I think the changes are good ones and I am really excited about them.
If you have any questions please let me know. I encourage you to stock up on your favourite retiring color products before they're sold out.