Companies that meet the criteria listed below are eligible to apply:
- Must have a physical storefront located within the Pasadena City Limits.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the City of Pasadena.
- Must not be in any litigation with the City of Pasadena.
- Company’s filings for sales and property taxes must be up to date.
- Must not have more than 50 employees as of March 1, 2020.
- Must have been in business in Pasadena, TX as of October 1, 2019.
- Must currently be in operation.
- Can only apply for and receive funding for one location if it has multiple locations.
- Must be willing to participate in the Pasadena Loves Local initiative. Participation may include but is not limited to showcasing branded signage at business storefront, online platforms, and other related marketing opportunities.
- Must be willing to participate in a brief survey to evaluate the success of the program.
Businesses that do NOT qualify for the program include:
- Pawn Shops/Cash Advance Stores
- Gas Stations and Convenience Store
- Banks, Lending, and Financial Institutions
- Non-Profit Entities, Organizations and Associations
- National Chains except for owner operated franchises
- Sexually oriented businesses, Smoke Shops, or Liquor Stores
To be considered for a grant, companies must submit a fully completed application. If selected, a grant recipient must complete a city vendor form and an affidavit of support prior to receiving a check.
All applications will be considered on their completeness and should be submitted online using the online application form listed below no later than November 20, 2020 for the second round of grants. Each application will be evaluated for eligibility on the merits of the information provided.