Share this with one of your college's outstanding First Gen Leaders to join the 100 First Gen Leaders at the 2020 GlobalMindED conference June 6-8 in Denver by December 20. We prefer that these students be current freshmen so that they can make the most impact over time with other First Gen students through their inclusive leadership on your campus.
What do participating students get out of this experience?
- Leadership and Cultural Experience workshops taught by First Gen to college industry role models and partners
- Attendance at the Inclusive Leader Awards Dinner
- Choice of conference sessions based on preference and interest
- Networking Reception with role models and industry leaders
- Industry Marketplace admission, meeting role models, mentors for internships and jobs
- On-going participation through the year in the GlobalMindED Experience Network
- Mentor matching with graduates of the GlobalMindED First Gen program and industry leaders
- Students attend fee waived, thanks to our generous sponsors (colleges pay for the T&E)
- Students leave the experience with a powerful national network of other students and business leaders
- Monthly newsletter by Rocio Perez, GlobalMindED's Director of Leadership and First Gen role model
- Monthly podcasts from Domonique Tucker, President of GlobalMindED's Young Professionals Advisory Council
What does the
sponsoring faculty or advisor
get out of nominating this students and attending?
- Access to extensive national and global networks of resources who can improve your First Gen outcomes
- Engage with diverse industry leaders who connect to your First Gens to internships and jobs
- Attend the Inclusive Leader Awards Dinner
- Partner rate to attend the conference
- Blueprint and support to set up a GlobalMindED Collaborative Club on your campus for First Gen
- Knowledge of the employment success secrets First Gen students need to graduate in to the best jobs
- A network of faculty and advisors moving the major levers for First Gen in Education to Employment
- College Membership discounts and option to participate in the National College Collaborative Program
In the last five years, GlobalMindED has trained more than 300 First Gen students in professional skills which resulted in internships and jobs from HP to Swanson Engineering to Raytheon to 2U to Anschutz Medical School as well as leadership roles and scholarships like the Truman Fellowship. No one college or organization can provide the vast networks that today's First Gen students need to secure a promotion pathway job with their degree, launching their lives to more responsibility and economic freedom to pay it forward for others. GlobalMindED is that inclusive career power charger for students from under-resourced zip codes. We look forward to working with you to open doors of opportunity for these talented students.