Who Is Jacob Smith?
- Principal Founder & CEO of Common Sensibly Inc.
- Common Sense Strategist
- Business Concept and Development Consultant
- Motivational / Public Speaker
- Media & Entertainment Production / Coordinator / Manager / Assistant
Vision and Strategies / Growth / Tippy-Toe Wealth Creation
To create a world where common sense becomes a standard practice
Spending time w/ family, investing, traveling, reading, sports and cooking
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
@recyclingdoneri / https://twitter.com/recyclingdoneri
New York City
48 years old
Jacob Smith has 20+ years of consultation experience through Business Development, Capital-Raising (For / Non-Profit), Public / Motivational Speaking, Humanitarian Service, and Entertainment Production & Coordination, resulting in an Emmy Award Nomination, Bronze Apple Media Award and Reebok Human Rights Award Nomination.
Jacob used his motivational skills as an “personal and business development” presenter at places such as the “TEDxCUNY Conference,” "Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business," “Food and Drug Administration,” “Delores Kohl Peace Prize Awards,” “United Methodist Youth Conference,” “National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutes,” and “Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Inner City Games."
Jacob served as a entertainment and media production coordinator, Manager & assistant, working on such projects as the first “Iyanla Vanzant Pilot” on “ABC,” the first “Queen Latifah Show” for “Tele-picture Productions" and Principal Advisor to the “Kevin Tarpley’s Campaign for Alderman in Somerville, MA, resulting in Mr. Tarpley becoming the city’s first black elected official” in 1997.
Jacob established business partnerships with Microsoft, Burst Media, Blinkx.com, Pri-Malux Studios, In-Focus Magazine, Celebrity Access, Jam-Box Studios, and DVM/direct Visual Marketing.
Jacob also established promotional partnerships with EMI, Capital Records, Zomba, Jive, Aardvark Records, Victorian Music Group, Duck-Down Productions, Dorian Media Group, Kedar Entertainment, National and International Emmy Awards, Puerto Rican Day Parade, Couture Fashion Week, Urban Music Awards, Underground Hip-Hop Awards, International Beauty Group and OVguide.com.
Jacob's life and work has been recognized on "Bruce Hurwitz Presents" Business Podcast Show, “News Talk Television,” “New York News 1”, “WBAI AM Radio,” “WBBM Television,” "Blog Talk Radio," and the “Making the Tough Choice” television special on “NY News 1" addressing youth issues and “Co-Youth Contributor” for “Making It” hosted by “Anchorwoman, Roz Abrams’ for “ABC.”
Furthermore, Jacob's work is high-lighted in publications like the “Mott Exchange,” “Somerville Community Corporation’s Annual Report,” “New York Amsterdam News,” “Atlanta Constitution,” “Chicago Tribune,” and the December 1st 2006 commentary of “Black Enterprise Magazine” entitled “Powerful Resources.”
Jacob facilitates the corporate vision and strategies of Common Sensibly.
Jacob Smith is educated in Expeditionary Education and certified in Community Organizing.
- 2018 "United Nations 62nd Session on the Commission on the Status of Women" the "Role of Civil Society" in "Fostering Hope in Filipino Rural Women and Girls: The Role of Legislators, Educators, Media and Civil Society.
- 2018 New York City (ACS) G.R.O.O.M Speaker Series
- 2017 Baruch College Executive On Campus Advisor w/ the Zicklin School of Business
- 2016 Business Dev. Advisor w/ Empire State Business Mentor NY
- 2014 TEDxCUNY Conference Moderator at Baruch College
- 2014 Food and Drug Administration Panelist on Fibromyalgia
- 2014 Momentum Education Advance Certificate of Achievement
- 2014 Presenter at the University Prep Charter School Career Day
- 2013 Momentum Education Basic Certificate of Achievement
- 2010 Your Dreams Can Come True Book on Hope, Perseverance and Triumph
- 2010 Facing History and Ourselves Civil Rights Speaker's Bureau
- 2009 International Emmy Awards Preliminary Round Juror
- 2008 L. Patrick Mellon Mentor-ship Program Mentor (NAMIC)
- 1998 Somerville, MA Conversation Facilitator on Racial Healing
- 1996 Reebok Human Rights Awards Nomination for humanitarian services
- 1995 Bronze Apple Media Awards Winner for "Choose-to-Defuse" Youth Against Violence Media Campaign
- 1994 Emmy Awards Nomination for "Choose-to-Defuse" Youth Against Violence Media Campaign
- 1994 Midwest Academy Certificate of Community Organizing
- 1993 United Methodist Church Youth and Violence Conference Panelist
- 1993 NACHRI International Conference Presenter on Youth Dev.
- 1993 Kohl International Teaching Awards Presenter on Youth Dev.
- 1993 New York City Outward Bound Certificate of Achievement
- 1991 Colorado Outward Bound Certificate of Achievement
to view Jacob Smith’s full e-bio.