==A Red Flag Warning is issued when conditions that may result in extreme wildfire behavior will occur within 24 hours. A Red Flag Warning is the highest alert. The conditions include low relative humidity, strong winds, dry fuels, the possibility of dry lightning strikes, or any combination of the above. Extreme heat is not a major factor leading to a Red Flag Warning, but heat does dry out vegetation faster.
Make sure that you:
- Subscribe to AC ALERT, the emergency notification system
- Turn on your battery powered radio to 1610AM
- If you see or smell smoke, call 911 immediately
- Remain alert and monitor conditions around you
- Review your Go-Bag and ensure that it is complete, packed, and accessible
- Have at least 1/2 tank of fuel in your vehicle
- Park facing the street or downhill
- Be ready to assist your neighbors if an evacuation is ordered
- DO NOT smoke or use power tools or grills/barbecues or create any source of flame or spark outside
==If an evacuation order is issued, the Police Department will direct you to a safe place. Follow their instructions.
If you ever feel unsafe or that you may be in danger, leave if you can. If in doubt, get out!