The Redwood Region is now open for filming!
But what does that mean you ask?
We have worked long and hard with our local Public Health Department to create the best protocol for protecting productions as well as our local community so that we may once again welcome filming into our area.
Ultimately, we would like everyone to stay safe. And if we can open our doors as well as have everyone happy and healthy then that is a win win!
Below you will find our requirements as well as how we can help you!
Redwood Region Covid-19 Protocol
As part of our Covid-19 Protocol, the Health Department is requiring that all productions first make contact with our office before pulling permits or location agreements. Our office will be available to walk you through and have you sign our Covid-19 protocol which includes but not limited to:
- All productions are required to comply with Federal, State of California, and the Counties of Humboldt and Del Norte regulations, orders, and guidelines relating to the workplace safety which includes when applicable the use of the White Paper (please reach to our office for a copy if you need one).
- All productions will make Redwood Region's public health and safety a priority in all decision making.
- All productions should limit its crew and casts exposure within the community being mindful of the ease of transmission of Covid-19.
- All productions will work with the Film Commission regarding public relations with the community and creating a sense of safety for the local resident.
- All productions will have a designated Covid-19 Compliance Officer (a trained safety or medical professional). In addition to the job description in the White Paper, the Compliance Officer will coordinate testing activities.
The good news! The rest of the permitting process is as easy as it has always been. Most cities and our counties can turn a permit application around quickly and most are low to no cost. Contact us for the most up to date permit coordinator information for all of our locations.
How We Can Help You!
We understand the importance of your health and safety while returning back to filming. For that reason, we have focused on three categories to help make this transition easier. Productions should contact us for the most up to date information for the categories below:
We know traveling can be stressful during this time, so we have reached out to our local accommodations to find out who will be film friendly during this time. We have asked that they consider renting out whole hotels, whole floors, or sectioning off rooms to help you stay safe.
Covid-19 Compliance Officer
We currently compiling trained medical professionals who are available to be hired locally. We are also accruing a list of on-call physicians to be available to you if necessary.
We know now more then ever how important it will be to have covid-19 cleaning of offices, sets, and accommodations. We have film friendly and experienced cleaners that can meet those requirements ready to go.