Strategic Planning Survey
We're beginning work on our 2019-2022 strategic plan. To help inform our planning, we're interested in feedback from families and advocates. If you haven't already, please take a few minutes to complete this quick survey.
Contact Dawn Freudenberg
Season Two of "How I See It"
This week we launched season two of "How I See It," an HCDDS web series. Hosted by advocate Robert Shuemak, this talk-show style series focuses on how accessible technology can help people with and without disabilities in their everyday lives.
In this episode, Robert welcomes Sherry Poland, director of the Hamilton County Board of Elections, to discuss the different accessible technologies that allow people with disabilities to vote.
Join us Tuesday, Oct. 30 to hear what's new in the growing work of supporting families in Ohio,
learn ways to stay in the know and have your
voice heard, find current information about Ohio waivers, the waiting list
changes and impact on service delivery, and much more.
Tuesday, Oct. 9 is the last day to register to vote in the November 2018 election. Hamilton County voters can register online, check or update their voter registration, find polling places, sample ballots and more on the Hamilton County
Board of Elections website
Voters can also use the website to find information about absentee ballots.
Waiting List Changes
Ohio's waiver waiting list rule changed
Sept. 1. This summer our Introduction and Eligibility team hosted in-person information sessions about these changes and what to expect.
If you weren't able to attend one of the sessions, you can watch the presentation above to learn what's changing and how the new rule will affect you. This video, which is posted on our YouTube page, provides an overview of the coming changes.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions at
- Midwest Premiere of "Chromosome 21." 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28 at SPCA-Mayerson Theater. Join us for the Premiere at the OTR Film Festival benefiting People for DD Services. Please click here for information.
- Fit Fest. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29 at Washington Park. Drop in for classes that accommodate all abilities. For information, please click here.
- Cincinnati Cyclones Special Hockey Program Open House. 10 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 30 at the Sports Plus Arena. This program is an introduction to hockey for people with developmental disabilities. For information, click here.
- Recognize & Respond: Police Interactions with Individuals with Autism. 8:30 a.m. Monday Oct. 1 or Tuesday Oct. 2 at Symmes Township Safety Center. An introduction to ASD for public safety professionals. Click for a flier.
- Transition Bootcamp Booster Session. 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2 at the Cincinnati Children's Medical Office. This session will focus on Relationships, Sexuality and Safety. For more information and to register, please click here.
CPR and First Aid.
10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3 at LADD.
Card provided for successful completion in CPR/or First Aid. For information, please click
- Crafting Buddies. 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 at the North Central Library. Make a craft & help different-abled adults make theirs too. Click here for information.
- Interoception: The Eighth Sensory System. 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m. & 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 at Crossroads. For family members/individuals with autism that need strategies for improving self-regulation, social participation, and emotional well-being. Click here for information.
- Autism & Special Needs Night. 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 at the Newport Aquarium. For information, please click here.
- Bullying Basics Webinar. 10:15 a.m. Saturday, Oct 6. Join for the day or join for the topic/topics of your choice. Click here for more information.
- Safe Sleep for Your Baby. 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 9 at Su Casa. For pregnant mothers & parents of a baby under 1. Click here for more information.
- Jazzed About Art. 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 at Belterra Park. Supports CILO's Art Beyond Boundaries. For information, please click here.
- Empowerment Teen Girl Squad. 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13 LeBlond Recreation Center. Social group for teens & young women with spina bifida meets monthly October to March. For information, please click here.
- Music. Here. Now. 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13 at MadTree Brewing Oakley. Experience how Melodic Connections uses music to change lives. For information, click here.
- Schoolhouse Rock. 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at the Little Red Schoolhouse, 8100 Given Road. A '50s-style fundraiser and concert for The Lovis Foundation. Click here for details and tickets.
- Disability Tech Fest. 9 a.m.Monday, Oct. 15 at the American Sign Museum. Short demos, expert sessions, food trucks, games. Click here for information.
- Book Club. 5:30 p.m. Oct. 18 on third Thursdays at Corryville Library. Meet interesting people and join in on discussions. For information, please click here.
- Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet-Continuing Education Class. 7 p.m. Fridays, Oct 19, Nov 2, 9 & 30 at UC. This course is intended for people with/without disabilities. For information, please click here.
- Dyslexia Day Pathway to Success. 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20 at Children's Hospital Medical Office Building. For families and children formally diagnosed with dyslexia. Please click here for a flier.
- Sensory Friendly Night at Cincinnati Cyclones. 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20 at US Bank Arena. Sensory friendly! For information, please click here.
- Stadium STRIDE 2018. 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 21 at Paul Brown Stadium. A unique event benefiting adults with disabilities. Click here for information.
- New Provider Training for Independent Providers. 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24 at HCDDS Support Center, 1520 Madison Road. Learn about Medicaid and waiver requirements with tips for meeting compliance. Please register by email.
- Sensory-Friendly Viewing of Ghostbusters. 9:45 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 25 at the Fitton Center. A sensory-friendly viewing. RSVP via email here.
- Common Threads Network. 9 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30 at Centre Park. Hear information about Ohio waivers, waiting list changes and impact on service delivery. For more information, please click here.
- HOME Fair Housing Disability Rights Summit. 8:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 1 & 2 (1/2 Day) at the Cintas Center. Learn more about the fair housing rights. For information, please click here.
- Transition Bootcamp Conference. 8:15 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 1 at Sharonville Convention Center. Learn about supporting a successful transition from school to adult life for youth with developmental disabilities. Please click here for details.
- 18th Annual Ohio Adult Sibling Conference. Nov. 2-3 at Embassy Suites, Dublin. Speakers, art show and time to connect with other siblings, family members and resources. For more information, please click here.