Regathering Plans for Grace Episcopal Church
Our worship guilds are preparing to ensure that our regathering is as safe and joyful as possible. Please help us by
- Staying informed and vigilant with regard to your personal and household risk.
- Following the instructions in Stop the Spread of Germs. pdf Everyone should bring and wear a mask.
- Signing up for one of the Sunday services. Attendance at each service is limited to 41 individuals or households spaced six feet apart. These restrictions should not pose an issue at our 8 AM service. We will have to sign up to attend the 10:30 service. Sign-up for worship at 10:30 here or you can call the church office to reserve a space.
- Bringing your personal Book of Common Prayer and Bible either in printed or electronic formats. You can download the electronic Common Prayer app here. Prayer Books and Hymnals have been removed from the church.
- Bringing a pre-printed or use an electronic version of the service. (www.graceepiscopallexington.org) If you arrive without Prayer Book or Bible a limited number of preprinted full text bulletins will be available.
- Remembering that because singing is currently deemed a "superspreader," we will currently be singing in our hearts and not out loud.
- Bringing the love of God and each other with you! Please don't forget the Holy Spirit including joy, kindness, patience, a sense of humor, and the openness to experience new things.
- The church will not be air conditioned during services. The front and side doors will be left open for circulation of air.
- Obeying the instructions of ushers, clergy and other worship leaders.
The opportunity to regather is not a sign that the risk of contracting the virus has diminished. It does mean that we have confidence that our health care system has sufficient capacity and that we all have sufficient resources to manage the risk.
Let us rejoice and be glad that we have come this far safely together, and let us continue to take care of one another as best we can in the months to come.
With thanks and praise to God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Tuck, Martha, James, Lisa, and Sharon