Dear Region 16 Member:
Last March, we shared with you the details of a Regional Governance Proposal that was introduced by our International Board of Directors (IBOD) for consideration by all the Regional Management Teams throughout the organization. This regional governance restructuring plan as designed was not passed by the required 2/3 majority of Sweet Adelines International regions.
Subsequent to the 'no' vote, International received multiple requests from Regional Management Teams requesting to know if there was a way to implement at least some parts of the originally proposed model. With that in mind, the IBOD suggested a voluntary pilot program for purposes of determining the effectiveness, and/or potential design improvements, to the original governance structure proposal. Half of the regions (12) have selected to participate in this pilot including the Region 16 Regional Management Team. The Region 16 RMT chose to participate in this pilot as a means of expanding our governance and leadership skills, gaining knowledge, and providing feedback to International about how we might serve you, our choruses and members, more effectively. This pilot project will run from 5/1/17-12/31/18. We do not anticipate any interruption to Region 16 education, events, communications, etc. as a result of this pilot, and we will continue to do our best to provide you with the best service possible.
The diagram above shows the Regional governance structure we will follow throughout the pilot period. Please note:
1. Regional "Directors" (blue boxes) - These positions will be appointed in the areas of Education, Administration and Membership. This leadership structure will replace the current 8-member Regional Management Team positions for the duration of the pilot. Recommendations for the 3 Regional Directors have been submitted by our current RMT, and we will share those names with you once they are finalized by the International Leadership Specialists.
2. Regional Resource Staff (green boxes) - Each of these "Directors" will have a resource team to work with her to help carry out the specific duties within her area of responsibility. These teams are circled and magnified in the organizational diagram. At this time, we invite our Regional Members who feel they possess the ability, desire, experience, or expertise in any of the specific areas outlined above in the green boxes, to submit an application for appointment to the Resource Staff.
- Resource Staff job descriptions can be found in the Sweet Adelines International Regional Governance Pilot document: Click Here
- Page numbers 13-21: Administrative Resource Staff Job descriptions
- Page numbers 25-29: Education Resource Staff job descriptions
- Page numbers 33-38: Membership Resource Staff job descriptions
- Click here for Resource Staff application
- Please email all Regional Resource Staff applications directly to RMT Team Coordinator June Donovan, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2017.
Additionally, should you have any questions about the governance proposal or the pilot, please feel free to contact June as well.
We'd love to have you on our team!