The California Housing Partnership invites you to register for parts 1 and 2 of our 3-part Housing Finance training series:
Monday, September 18 — 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
This training will introduce the basic fundamentals of the federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
- What is a tax credit?
- Federal eligibility and affordability requirements
- Differences between 9% and 4% credits
- Calculating LIHTC credits and equity
- Basic ownership structure of a limited partnership
Tuesday, September 26 — 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Builds on the LIHTC 101 foundational training to provide an overlay of specific requirements for developments in California.
- California state tax credits
- State eligibility and affordability requirements
- Threshold Basis Limits
- TCAC underwriting requirements
- Competitive 9% LIHTC allocation system
Tax-Exempt Bonds 101
Monday, November 6 — 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
This session from the Partnership will provide participants an introduction to the basics of using tax-exempt bond financing in affordable housing developments, as well as an overview of California’s competitive allocation process. Topics covered include:
- What is a tax-exempt bond and why are they used?
- Deal structure and participants
- Technical requirements: 50% Test, Good costs vs. Bad costs
- Process of obtaining a bond allocation
- Competitive CDLAC scoring system
Registration to Come in October
All three sessions are live, interactive events held via Zoom. No recordings will be provided.
Cost per Session: $100 for Nonprofit/Government, or $75 for Nonprofit/Government with 3 - 8 attendees
View other Events from the California Housing Partnership